*MAVENTEQ SYSTEMS LIMITED* – Our client, a multinational Oil and Gas company in Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
*JOB TITLE: SENIOR MARINER*
- Coordinate and supervise the quay side operations (loading/offloading of deck cargo and bulk cargo, tank cleaning, etc) and guarantee the operations are performed safely and efficiently, and meet the required specifications.
- Attend the Quayside Operations Weekly Meeting.
- Reporting all operational delays due to INTELS as well as equipment unavailability.
- Work toward company core values that include safety, security, health and environment.
- Must see to it that all critical lif ts as defined by LMS shall not be lif ted until approved by SLS through Logistic Superintendent.
- Liaise with Port Captain and arrange for the effective berthing and repositioning of inbound vessels.
- Supervised the activities of the junior mariners/RLM/QAQC.
- Organized and arrange for tank cleaning/bunkering operations.
- As the head of operations at night, every emergency situation must be taken care of by him and transmit same to the hierarchy.
- During night operations, will give instructions to vessels in case of swapping and repositioning for discharge/loading.
- On resumption, will obtain program/work schedule f rom Logistics Superintendent and share to members of the group.
- Proactively ensure that the third party trucks/ personnel are compliant to Total’s safety rule.
- Responsible for the enforcement of working instructions and rules at the quayside.
- Has a delegated authority for bunkering, heavy lif t permit opening. All safety measures are checked and operation not commence until proper assessment is done.
- To ensure compliance at all times with COMPANY Lif ting Management System (LMS).
- To optimize the use of dedicated lif ting equipment (cranes, forklifts, trucks, lif t modules, etc)
- To minimize the use of spot lifting equipment (cranes, forklifts, trucks, lift module, etc)
- To minimize trucks demurrage.
- To participate in the drive for zero multiple handling.
- To ensure the accuracy of all INTELS Cargo Measurement Report and Equipment timesheet .
- To meet demand of COMPANY’S departments, including problem solving, teamwork, sense of service, and anticipating difficulties.
- To follow up all operational and HSE anomalies dealing with quay side operations. Liaise with other departments for prompt resolution.
- To promote the respect of COMPANY’S safety rules and regulations by ensuring that all safety procedures are strictly implemented
- Participate in the preparation and update of all procedures and work processes, pertaining to quay side operations
- To produce a monthly Activity Report, (format to be agreed after the COMMENCEMENT DATE) this shall be used to support monthly invoices and service performance level.
- To perform any other duties assigned by COMPANY’S Coordinator
- Must be a holder of HND or Bachelor of Science degree
- Minimum 10 years verifiable experience in similar role. Experience in the Oil and Gas environment will be an added advantage.
- Verifiable knowledge of marine logistics and jetty operations coordination
- Knowledge and competency in use of Microsoft Office package
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to prepare and/or review risk assessments relating to the job function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a good command of English Language
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
*DEADLINE:* 17th August 2020
*METHOD OF APPLICATION*
Candidates should send their CV to: *firstname.lastname@example.org*
*Note that only candidates who meet the job requirements will be contacted*