The Olive Prime Psychological Services – We are a new “mental health facility” based in Abuja, currently looking for the best hands that can provide excellent and client focused services.
We are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery in a way different from the conventional inpatient services. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
We seek to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Medical Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Reports to: Consultant Psychiatrist
- A Senior Medical Officer is a member of the senior medical staff, and is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and overall patient care within the clinical services department.
Ward and Outpatient Clinic Duties:
- Be present and contactable within clinic premises at all times during work hours.
- Carry out a full clerking and physical examination for all patients before admission according to Olive Prime Policy
- To maintain individual contact with patients, carrying out ward rounds and other duties detailed by the Consultant
- In compliance with the clinic consent and confidentiality policy, update the clinical notes on all patients attended according to best practice for record-keeping
- To ensure that within a week of admission, patient’s diagnosis in line with ICD is documented on EMR and explained to the patient and Family.
- Ensure that leaflets explaining diagnosis, medication and its effects are given to patient, explained and documented. Follow up that Consultants have explained the diagnosis and management plan to patient and documented this.
- To respond promptly to the requests of all medical staff (Consultants and other doctors, nurses) to see any patients within the clinic/facility and to advice or start treatment as indicated/directed.
- Undertake specific medical procedures on patients within the facility as requested by medical and nursing staff: i.v. cannulation, commencing i.v. infusions, administration of i.v. drugs, etc.
- To promptly review all laboratory test results and take necessary action
- To type and file discharge summaries on all patients discharged from Olive Prime within 24 hours of discharge
- Must see every patient discharged from Olive Prime for a review appointment within 7 days post-discharge
- Run regular follow up clinics and liaise with front desk staff to send reminders and encourage patient attendance
- Carry out home visits to review patients when necessary
- Lead a clinical team to pick up patients from the community for admission
- Ensure incident reports from the clinical services department are submitted promptly as indicated.
- Before going off duty ensure written appropriate communication to the oncoming team specifying any requirements for individual patients’ care and monitoring.
- Carry out On-call duties of a medic.
Responsibility to Consultants:
- Carry out and document full clerking and physical examination of all new patients; present findings to the Consultant and document agreed plan of management.
- Be present at ward rounds conducted by Consultant and do necessary documentation
- Inform Consultants of any change in the condition of their patients and any emergency procedures undertaken
- In a “routine situation” initiate requests and treatments with the prior consent of the patient’s Consultant; document all such communication In the event of death of a patient, immediately inform the Consultant, and the patient’s GP (if the Consultant is unable to do so)
- Inform the Consultant immediately when a patient and/or family requests to have a discharge against medical advice, and follow laid down protocol for this.
- Review discharged patients, on requests of the Consultant.
- Run a smoking cessation clinic
- Contribute to and be a part of the Olive Prime Business Team
- Be part of the team that makes contact with Organizations to seek clients for Synapse
- Work with the Consultant to design and participate in continuing medical education activities for clinical staff (doctors, nurses, psychologists, support workers, etc.)
- Deliver clinical presentations at various hospitals and corporate organizations to create awareness of our clinical services To examine any sick/injured member of staff and offer appropriate recommendations as regards treatment
- Liaise regularly with Service Manager to discuss clinical service improvement
- As a Medical Officer, you are expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times; look smart and presentable at all times.
- Be a part of interview panels during staff recruitment
- Be a member of Olive Prime middle management committee, and attend line Management meetings
- May be asked to be part of other adhoc committees if and when necessary
- Take a lead role in developing and writing proposals for Olive Prime Study and encourage adherence to clinic policies and procedures by all clinical staff
- Complete clinic administrative documentation as required
- Ensure correct protocols are complied with as regards discharge against medical advice, deaths in care and coroner’s requirements.
Health and Safety and Quality Assurance:
- Be familiar with, and supervise adherence to all Health and Safety regulations of the relevant government regulatory bodies (HEFAAMA, etc.) as well as internal policies of Olive Prime.
- Participate in/facilitate in-house trainings as requested. This may include: restraining aggressive patient, fire safety, infection control, manual handling, blood transfusion etc.
- Be aware of the promotion of effective customer care and public relations in order to promote the good reputation of the facility
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Degree
- National Youth Service Corps discharge/exemption certificate
- Full MDCN registration as a medical practitioner
- Up to date practicing license
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in mental health care
- Evidence of training in Addiction management or other mental health training
- Experience working in a managerial capacity is an advantage
- Valid identification (International passport, National ID, Driver’s license).
Deadline: 21st August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only individuals who have a high expectation of themselves and are driven to work above and beyond are welcome to apply.
- Delivery of professional and excellent services must be at your core.
- We provide services for expat community as well.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.