White Soul Motors Limited, incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vehicle Inspection Officer
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- We are a leading haulage company located in Calabar and seeking to hire a vehicle inspection officer to conduct thorough pre-trip inspections of our trucks and ensure that all trucks are in good conditions before leaving the terminal.
- The ideal candidate would be a retired truck driver or safety officer and must possess a high level of integrity.
Key Functions of the Role
- Conduct pre-trip inspection of every vehicle to ensure that trucks are at all times in compliance with the safety rules, regulations and standards of the company and that each truck is:
- Fitted with good tyres before embarking on a journey
- Equipped with good, non-leaking tarpaulin, functional headlights, parking lights, brake lights, reverse lights, reverse alarms, tyre jacks, work tools, warning Triangles (C-Caution) before embarking on a journey.
- Generally in good mechanical and serviceable conditions before embarking on a journey
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Test vehicle for wear-and-tear damage.
- Ensure all inspection per vehicle doesn’t exceed 20mins
- Ground any vehicle found to fall short of the standard
- Promptly notify clients of incidences, unavailable vehicles, etc
- Update the haulage software with information from the pre-trip and post-trip inspection, daily.
- Prepares reports based on findings from the inspection
- Conduct a comprehensive check of the vehicle interior and exterior parts
- Prepare accurate reports based on findings from the inspections to be presented to the Head of Safety
- Minimum of OND/SSCE
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in haulage and logistics
- Indepth knowledge of heavy-duty trucks and truck accessories
Skills & Ability:
- Must be agile
- Must possess high levels of integrity
- Must be able to write basic reports
Deadline: 20th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail