The Benue State Govemment has applied for credit from the World Bank towards the cost of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payment under the employment of Project Officer, Supervision.
The State Project Implementation Unit now invites applications from eligible candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Project Officer, Supervision
- Be responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of Operation Officers.
- Regularly and timely liaise with other Project Officers for deployment of Operation Officers for field level activities.
- Provide guidelines to Operation Officers designated to undertake supervision.
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the manager Operation and M&E.
- Provide specific report on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and General Manager.
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGA, LGRC and Operation Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance.
- Liaise with the relevant state ministries, departments, agencies and ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification / standard for all social infrastructure.
- Prepare budgets and work plan for supervision of CDPs and micro-projects.
- Liaise with the relevant SA for certification for all social infrastructure and completion.
- Directly responsible to the Operation Manager.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the General Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a degree or HND in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Sciences with at least five years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction.
- Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
Deadline: 28th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to:
The General Manager,
Benue State CSDP Implementation Unit,
No. 30 Kashim Ibrahim Road, Old GRA,
Makurdi, Benue State.
Note: Any internal staff wishing to apply for the above position must have to resign his or her current position so that the position shall be advertised alongside with the above position.