Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant to Produce Learning Materials and Deliver Training for Government Partners in Edo State
Ref No: req9871
Project Overview and Role
The Stamping out Trafficking in Nigeria (SoTiN) is a DFID Nigeria programme which aims to change or reduce the behaviors, attitudes, and social norms in Edo State that drive or enable human trafficking and unsafe migration.
SoTiN seeks to achieve the impact that more effective Government and non-Government institutions reduce the drivers and enablers of unsafe migration and human trafficking through three components:
- Strengthened Edo State Government response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: more effective and innovative use of resources – human, financial, physical, political and network assets – supports a ‘whole of government’ approach to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking through social and attitudinal change.
- Improved coordination, innovation, and quality of NGO response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: better coordinated and more effective civil society tackling the drivers and enablers of human trafficking.
- A stronger evidence base for action in anti-slavery prevention, with learning platforms operating and informing policy and interventions: the use of evidence and sharing of best practices becomes embedded in ways of working, to deliver improved performance
- The programme is closing out in November 2020 and as part of its close-out legacies, SoTiN aim to improve the capacity of government partners to design more integrated and effective policies and programmes geared at embedding and addressing identified drivers of human trafficking and unsafe migration.
- To this end, we invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to develop and deliver learning materials on integrative and effective work-plan development processes, resource mobilization and continuous quality improvement (CQI) mechanism for Ministries, Departments & Agencies (MDAs) of Government.
- Create awareness and inform targeted participants of the materials and resources for integrative and effective work-plan development and resource mobilization
- Contribute to the pool of resources and tools available to Government partners in designing their interventions and system strengthening
- Improve capacity for performance monitoring and community involvement mechanisms
- Improve an understanding on how data and evidence can be effectively used to inform program development and effective work-plan processes in iterative way
- Increase understanding of how human trafficking and unsafe migration interventions can be mainstreamed in development cooperation through concrete programming tools.
- Enable participating MDAs to develop resource mobilization plans
In delivering this task the consultant is expected to:
- Develop training plan and modules on integrative and effective workplan development processes, resource mobilization and continuous quality improvement (CQI) mechanism for Ministries, Departments & Agencies (MDAs) of Government.
- Facilitate a 3-day virtual training course on the integrative workplan development process for partners.
- Develop and submit a comprehensive training report
- Develop and share tools that Government partners can employ for Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Systems strengthening across board
The successful candidate will be line and task managed by the SoTiN Programme Government Policy and Technical Advisor who is based in the project office in Benin City, Nigeria.
- A maximum of 10 working days in October 2020
- Consultant will be engaged based on previous relevant experience and will be remunerated on a daily rate as agreed with the SoTiN programme. Rates and payment will be discussed only with successful applicant.
Successful candidates must have the following functional skills and competencies:
- Advanced university degree in a related field
- At least 8 years of professional experience in relevant engagement at the national and international levels.
- Current knowledge of developments and trends relevant to the scope of work.
- Demonstrable experience in developing training and workshops materials.
- Strong writing skills, and experience of presenting complex technical information in an easily comprehensible way for non-specialist readers.
- Fluency in English Language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online