The Concept Group is a holding company for companies established in 1992. Subsidiaries under the Group include: Rosabon Financial Services – Nigeria’s Leading Equipment Leasing and Financial Intermediary Company, Concept Nova – Bespoke Enterprise Software Development Company, Percy Aitkins – Bureau De Change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Credit Recovery
Job Type: Full Time
- The Lead, Recovery unit is responsible for providing support, direction, credit information, and loan policies and procedures to ensure the overall quality of the organization’s credit extension
- Delivers against challenging KPIs and team targets managed, through day to day guidance and direction
- With an ultimate aim of mitigating risks and damages, the Recovery Lead is responsible for the recovery of debt owed to the company in accordance with existing debt recovery policies and procedures, delivering via a positive and customer focused approach through proactive communication, and ensuring the maximum support and advice is offered to debtors through the right framework.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtain and review delinquency reports for all assigned defaulting portfolios and manage the recovery processes in the unit.
- Escalates process issues and non-conformance as required.
- Maintain and improve credit control and debt recovery processes, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and liaising with internal and external auditors and lawyers.
- Make appearances in court when necessary as a representative of the company.
- Provide leadership for the team, and strive to deliver outstanding results and service.
- Prepares overall collection plan for debt recovery ensuring that appropriate action is taken to recover outstanding funds.
- Manage in conjunction with the legal department, the legal process for the recovery of debt; refer matters to legal department, for legal recovery action where necessary
- Ensure the non-performing loans owed to a company are reduced by implementing strategic and smooth operational techniques.
- Manage team performance by allocating priorities and workloads to enable direct reports to achieve and exceed individual and team goals and objectives.
- Report accordingly, progress against target to the designated authority.
Qualifications / Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Advanced Degree, Certifications and / or professional membership will be an added advantage
- 7+ years progressive experience in a credit recovery role
- Good understanding of industry laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.