Ocean Deep Drilling ESV Nigeria Limited (ODENL) – A joint venture partnership company which was formed by an indigenous provider of drilling rig services and a leading international drilling company that has created a world-class drilling company and is poised to deliver exceptional value to the exploration and production companies operating in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Electronic Technician
Employment type: Full Time
- Responsible for the effective preventative maintenance and where appropriate renewal of all MODU electronic equipment and systems.
- The successful applicants will be employed by Ocean Deep Drilling ESV Nigeria Limited (“ODENL”) which is a joint venture partnership company formed by OES Energy Services Limited and Valaris plc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for your own personal safety and the safety of co-workers.
- Ensures that activities are conducted in accordance with corporate Permit to Work system.
- Ensure compliance with company Maintenance policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all activities are performed in a timely manner in order to prevent downtime.
- Responsible for problem-solving, repair of electronic circuit boards, installation of wiring and electronic components relating to various items of drilling and associated equipment onboard.
- Work effectively as part of the rig management team.
- Assist Electrician with repairs and replacement of electrical equipment as and when required.
- Maintains/repairs MODU air condition, refrigeration systems and control systems.
- Maintains/repairs all intercommunication equipment.
- Conduct pre-task planning meeting as required and where a work order is required only undertakes work authorized.
- Follows company policies concerning safety meetings, station bill assignments.
- Adheres to rig mobilization procedures and related maintenance as directed by operations manual.
- Maintains prescribed electronic parts inventory.
- Performs general housekeeping in work areas and to machinery and equipment.
- Maintains tools and equipment in a good work order and properly stored.
- Attends company-sponsored training courses, as required.
- Maintains daily log of activities.
- Responsible to keep up with training requirements for the position and submit a training request in time to keep all certification current.
Education, Training, Licenses and / or Certifications:
- Completion of Secondary or High School Education and the completion of all training and certification requirements. These will vary by unit location according to local requirements and regulations. Specific unit requirements will be found in local job specification procedures and guidelines.
- Valid Electrician Certification.
- Five years working as an Electrician on an offshore drilling rig is preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, excellent team working and organizational skills.
- Physically capable of being transported to an offshore rig by boat or helicopter.
- Must be capable of working in a confined Marine environment.
- Must have excellent conflict resolution skills and be able to diplomatically handle confrontation.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Be able to maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the company’s sole discretion.
- Be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Physically capable of performing emergency procedures including evacuations, fire drills, and other emergencies.
- PC proficiency required. Competency with Microsoft Office Software suite version 2007 or greater.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- ODENL is constantly looking for new talent! Are you looking for your next opportunity? If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your updated CV to the email above.
- We thank all applicants for their interest and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview appointments.
- These positions are only available to citizens of Nigeria due to the organisation’s support and commitment to workforce nationalisation process.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- ODENL is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.