We are seeking an efficient, detail-oriented equity research analyst to join our growing organization. In this position, you will interpret, manage, and analyze research data in order to translate results into better solutions. You will work to facilitate greater returns through surveys, research calls, meetings, and analyzing habits and data of competitors.
Job Title: Equity Research Analyst
Requirements and Qualification:
- MBAs are preferred, although candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree are accepted as well.
- Finance, Accounting, Economics or Statistics are preferred fields of study.
- Ability to communicate effectively and express complex ideas succinctly.
- Ability to take initiative and meet deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Industry experience in specific fields such as mining, manufacturing, technology, or transportation is an asset.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word is required.
- Proficiency in Bloomberg or Capital IQ, or other data mining software is an asset.
- Two year experience in an applied research or data management environment; experience in IT, economics, business/systems analysis, quality assurance, or relevant position.
- Able to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, SAS, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite), including the use of relational databases.
- Able to perform statistical analysis.
- Skilled knowledge in generating process documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
Job description: (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Gathering and assessing securities data including industry-related stocks and bonds.
- Analyzing company financial reports to determine the market performance of existing securities.
- Using data modeling software and methodologies to create financial forecasts.
- Assisting with company initial public offerings (IPO), including a stock’s value, capitalization, and target price.
- Developing and delivering investment reports to the financial manager and the investment team.
- Providing direction and expert advice on securities to buy, sell, or hold.
- Monitoring industry and market trends for changes and investment opportunities.
- Staying up to date with the latest industry news including company sales and mergers.
- Preparing detailed internal investment reports as well as external reports for public presentation.
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV and use Equity Research Analyst as subject of mail to email@example.com
2-5 year (Preferred)
Location: Lagos & Abuja.