White Soul Motors Limited, incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Safety Officer – Logistics
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are a highly reputable haulage company looking to engage the services of a Junior Health and Safety Officer to assist the facilitation of compliance with health and safety guidelines and providing advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
Key Functions of the Role
- Assist the Safety officer in charge in the development of safety policies and programs
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Monitor and ensure compliance to all safety policies
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Assist in carrying out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Assist in carrying in-house training about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- B.Sc. / BA in Safety Management or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in health and safety
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working as a Health and Safety officer
- Experience in the transport / logistics industry is a must
- Proven experience as safety officer and working with drivers
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA / EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Must be agile
Deadline: 30th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.