ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Job no: 493284
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To (Title): Associate Director of Finance
Work type: Regular Full-Time
- Working under the guidance and direction of the Associate Director of Finance and Administration based in Nigeria, the Finance Officer will ensure compliance to administrative and financial procedures, ensure sound management of donor funds, track expenditures and supervise the finance and administrative team in support of the implementation of Projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Financial Management.
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Maximum of three (3) years’ and Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting and working with an international NGO
- Knowledge of accounting software including QuickBooks
- Ability to work independently to meet set deadlines
- Capacity to analyze situations and be open to innovation
- Be fluent in French and proficient in English
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to adhere to strict professional and HIV/AIDS confidentiality regulations
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Prompt and efficient with minimal absences
- Exhibits a positive and professional demeanour in and outside of the workplace that exemplifies and furthers the mission, vision and values of the program
- Travel to field sites as required.
- Travel Requirements: N/A
Finance and Accounting Management:
- Supervise financial data entry performed by the accountants in Quickbooks
- Ensure accounts are consolidated monthly in line with the required deadlines
- Conduct weekly bank reconciliation
- Follow payments to service providers enforcing payments within a maximum of one month after submission of invoices
- Facilitate internal payments related to program expenses (e.g. staff business trips) within a maximum of one month after submission of supporting documentation (expense report and receipts)
- Ensure receipts and financial documents are correct and submitted for approval to concerned supervisors
- Supervise archiving and organization of financial records according to required standards
- Support regular financial forecasting in line with program activities
- Consolidate timely financial reports (records, forecasting, check registers etc.) and other reports / documents as required by HQ
- Ensure that taxes /VAT /customs fees are paid monthly and within the deadline
- Support the activities of the administrative officer as needed.
Internal control of operations:
- Support the development, revision, and dissemination of rules and internal procedures
- Develop and follow finance activities for the finance team and financial / accounting activities
- Adhere to risk management / risk mitigation plans
- Safeguard the assets of the organization by certifying the inventories of fixed assets
- Adhere to systems that address recommendations from internal audits / compliance reviews
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.
Deadline: 21st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The position is contingent upon availability of grant funding.