Sweat Your Asset Derivative Limited – Our client is a terminal operator with the mandate to provide integrated maritime and logistics solutions to both inbound and outbound traffic for the South-South, South East and North Central markets of Nigeria.
Recent organizational development and restructuring efforts has led to investments in human, equipment and terminal development. The organization needs to fill the below vacancy to strategically position itself as the premier terminal operator in Africa:
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Cross Rivers
- Responsible for the day to day management of the operation of the Terminals in accordance with current legislation and the general policies and specific directions of the Board.
- Enhance the profitability of the Free Port, its public image and positive contribution to the economy of Nigeria.
- Prompt execution of all resolutions and decisions of the Board of Directors
- Oversee the efficient running of all the Divisions of the organization to ensure they are operating at a high standard, executing all their functions and roles, achieving their goals to ensure each Division and the Authority achieves its mandate.
- Provides advice to the Board that reflects analysis of a broad range of issues affecting port operation, management, and development.
- Demonstrates a sophisticated understanding of political, social, and economic factors affecting the organization.
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on the Performance Management System of the Free Port.
- Provision of good Commercial and Business acumen especially in the areas of port and shipping economics and management to explore opportunities for revenue generation, business growth and enhancing/promoting efficient and safe port operations
- Builds and sustains relationships within the organization, the Board of Directors, NPA, port users and with a diverse range of external stakeholders
- Drive a culture of achievement and commitment to achieving outcomes beyond expectations.
- Drives activities that support organizational sustainability, operational efficiency, and flexible resource management; engender a culture of accountability and transparency
- Good University Degree
- Minimum of 18 years quality work experience; 8 of which must have been spent at Strategic Senior Management level in a similar industryy.
- Professional qualification e.g. MSc/MBA Management is compulsory
- Advanced knowledge of port operations and management.
- Knowledge of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code
- Working Knowledge of port and shipping industry is of critical advantage
Job Competency Requirements:
- Decision Making
- Personal Credibility
- Directing Others
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Effective Team Building Skills
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Financial Focus
- Commitment to Teamwork
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online