Welcome2Africa International is a private sector development company headquartered in London, United Kingdom Founded in 2012 with the vision to redefine the image of Africa, Welcome2Africa specialises in catalysing investment interest in the continent, with a current focus on agribusiness. The private sector has long been acknowledged as the engine of economic growth. Yet, the sector is largely under-developed or informal in many African countries. Compounding this problem, the financial sector also tends to be under-developed across the continent, leaving many segments of the population, including entrepreneurs, under-served or un-served altogether. Due to limited budgets, governments are often unable to effectively intervene to correct this market failure. Welcome2Africa works with, and mobilises investment from a variety of actors, including local as well as international commercial and corporate banks, development finance institutions, aid agencies, foundations, impact investors, private equity firms and more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Project / Programs Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Welcome2Africa International (W2A) was founded on the vision to redefine the image of Africa. As such, we look to facilitate investments and trade whilst also bridge the information gap with respect to the various opportunities that exist in Africa. We are currently focused on Nigeria’s Agricultural sector.
Over the last 5 years we have hosted a number of Agricultural Investment Conferences in strategic cities around the world including; Luxembourg, Accra, Lagos, Abuja, Frankfurt, Belgium, The Netherlands, and London. These opportunities have provided us with brand recognition, a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities associated with investing in Africa’s Agricultural sector, as well as a rich network inclusive of Africa’s Agribusiness stakeholders, investment and finance executives, leading fund managers, private equity firms, family offices, institutional investors donors as well as large agribusiness related firms from around the world.
- We are currently looking for an Agricultural Project/Programs Manager to support our next phase of growth, of which entails strengthening our investment and trade facilitation services and initiatives whilst also providing additional services such as project management, market entry research services, data mapping, and bespoke trainings and events “ targeted at the international community, whilst maintaining a viable presence in Nigeria “ where we operate from.
We have a number of clients, and some of the current opportunities in our pipeline consist of the following:
- Feasibility and Facilitation of 10,000Hectare Oil Palm Plantation and Milling (Nigeria) ($60m)
- Program Management and Investment Facilitation for 500hectare Mega Farm guaranteed by NIRSAL ($10m)
- Kwara Special Livestock Processing Zones
- Data mapping, feasibility and Investment Facilitation for Cassava Processing Ecosystem
- Ondo livestock model farm (Beef and Diary).
- Proven working experience in research, communications and project management,
- Excellent client-facing (stakeholders) and internal communication skills with team members and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience, Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Relevant experience in Finance, Project/Programs Management, Agribusiness, Finance, and Event Management.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year.
For the position of Agricultural Project/Programs, the job roles responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Oversee program activities in his/her assigned region, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the program objectives and expected outcomes.
- Relationship Building & Management: In coordination with the CoP, build and manage effective relations with relevant State Governments, partners and regional stakeholders involved with the program in order to ensure ongoing alignment, commitment and accountability to deliver on the programâ€™s targets. Represent the program at the highest-levels in the assigned states.
- Program Implementation: Coordinate the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and the management of program activities in his/her region and in alignment with directives and guidelines provided by the program headquarters. Provide leadership to regional staff to ensure timely and high-quality implementation of program activities and deliverables in alignment with approved workplans.
- Collect data and analyse results and prepare reports for wide circulation to all interested parties
- Build alliance and coordinate partnership with local agri-focused organisations with significant extension network to help with farmer mobilisation and buy-in during implementation phase
- Provide technical assistance for the design of the projectâ€™s monitoring and evaluation strategy. Support in developing M&E system to measure profitability and relevant business indicators of targeted farmers.
- Design and implementation of project activities including the development of work plans, recruitment of personnel, and management of Activity Teams.
- Assuring quality control of project activities, including supporting fielded teams, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
- Prepare budget based on scope of work and resource requirements.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.