RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program.
- E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The Grants Officer will be responsible for supporting grants management tasks as well as ensuring smooth functioning of the Grants administrative systems
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files of grant documents and resources;
- Record receipt of grantee reports in grants database;
- Support the Grants Manager with generating grant documents and administrative tasks related to compliance;
- Work to enhance and improve grants management processes and increase efficiencies.
- Data entry and coding in grants database;
- Review grantee financial and progress reports and process grantee payment requests;
- Support the Grants Manager to prepare all documents related to grants for approval in compliance with USAID grants requirements;
Support the Grants Manager as follows:
- Administrative support to moderate technical evaluation of grant applications.
- Conduct of assessment visits to each potential grantee for responsibility determination.
- Develop a monitoring plan for grantees using the information collected pre-award.
- Provide capacity-building/training to grantees, customizing it to meet the organizations needs.
- Coordinate execution of award documents (pre-award authorizations, awards, modifications, etc.).
- Maintain grant files, including records on monitoring and evaluation and other quality control activities (financial, programmatic, proof of performance).
- Lead invoice processing and financial reporting requirements. Ensure timely payments to implement technical activities.
- Performing grant close out activities/tasks for completed grants.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 2 year of experience in Grants administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to obtain proper security clearances as noted by contracts
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to listen and communicate well both verbally and in writing
Deadline: 11th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letter and a CV as One Single Word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- On the subject Line of your email you should only put the Email Subject line (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V