Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID funded Social Behaviour Change (SBC) with the goal of increasing practice of priority individual and household level health behaviours in eleven (11) states and FCT on FP/RH MNCH+N, Malaria and Tuberculosis. Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Interviewer
Locations: Abuja and Ebonyi
Period of Engagement: 3 months (October 2020 to December 2020)
Total number of days: Up to 30 working days
Number required: 5 in FCT and 3 in Ebonyi
- The project is supporting Ebonyi State and the FCT towards achieving desired improvements in care-seeking and will be conducting a human-centred design formative assessment to understand people’s experience of health behaviours.
- To achieve this, Breakthrough ACTION is looking for qualified Short-Term Consultant as Interviewers.
Scope of Work:
- Participate in workshops related to the different phases of the SBC flow chart
- Transfer notes to summary sheets and other formats as required
- Participate in daily meetings to collate learnings from interviews
- Contribute to discussions on themes from interviews
- Facilitate other study-related activities as assigned
- Interview study participants at household, community and facility level
- Take detailed notes during interviews with study participants at household, community and facility level
- Record interviews with electronic devices (as applicable)
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in health, social sciences or humanities
- Previous experience with conducting human-centred design formative assessment or qualitative research is highly desired
- Speaks and understands the local language/dialect fluently (Hausa or Gbagyi for FCT; Ikwo and Izzi in Ebonyi)
- Fluent communicator in English
- Familiarity with and understanding of the local cultures and traditions
- Strong people connection and communication skills
- Curious mind with good listening and notes taking skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Willing to learn new ways of working
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Able to commit to time involved
Deadline: 5th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a PDF copy of their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title and Location” (e.g. Interviewer – Abuja) as the subject of the email.
Application Instruction / Notice
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Address the education / experience requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Language skills. (Please note that language skills will be tested during interviews for shortlisted candidates.)
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- CVs must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: UGO NGOZI).
- The subject line of your email should be the consultancy title and the preferred location E.g. ‘Interviewer – Ebonyi”
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately