Black Pen Recruitment – Our client is a globally remote company, working in both North America and Africa. They one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
They are recruiting candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead QA Engineer (FinTech)
Job type: Full time (Remote)
- Do you have at least 2 years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
- We are looking to hire a Lead QA Engineer based within Nigeria, to join their exciting remote team.
- As Lead QA Engineer, you will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team. You’ll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people. Each member of the team can impact all aspects of the development process from ideation, design, delivery, maintenance, and operations.
- Interface with Business Analysts and Software Engineers to develop and implement test plans and test cases
- Develop, update and maintain test plans, cases, and automation (where applicable) for all software layers
- Execute various levels and types of testing such as smoke, functional, integration, performance, and regression tests (manual and automated)
- Research, identify and document software defects
- Contribute to process improvement efforts related to all aspects of software quality to reduce defects and quality issues
- Install and control test configurations and environments
- Contribute to project plan estimates and scheduling of testing activities that meet standards
- Ensure Customer satisfaction through mapping out recurring problems and bugs and delivering fast solutions and hotfixes
- Communicate with Customer Support team to develop effective solutions to recurring problems
- Perform and participate in code reviews
- 3+ years of progressively responsible software engineering and DevOps experience
- At least 2 years working as an QA Engineer
- Familiarity testing web applications and using NOSQL
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Excellent data, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills
- Hands-on experience working with automated testing tools
- Experience working in AWS, with a strong desire to further one’s skills
Job Title: Lead Security Engineer (FinTech)
Job type: Full time (Remote)
- Are you an experienced Cyber Security Expert in the FinTech industry? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
- We are looking to hire a Senior Security Engineer located within Nigeria to join our exciting remote team.
- In this role you will operate independently and as part of a team to ensure software, hardware, and related components are protected from cyber-attacks.
- Your responsibilities will include developing security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities, and handling all cyber-attacks in an efficient and effective manner. Showing strong IT skills and a deep understanding of cyber hacker methodology.
- This is an exciting position in a fast paced ever growing, profitable, venture-backed company.
- Develop unique, effective security strategies for software systems, networks, data centers, and hardware
- Implement / build-in security systems to software, hardware, and components
- Research best ways to secure company-wide IT infrastructure
- Build firewalls to protect network infrastructures
- QA software and hardware for security vulnerabilities and risks
- Monitor software for external intrusions, attacks, and hacks
- Close off security vulnerability in the case of an attack
- Identify cyber attackers, report to upper management, and cooperate with police or other legal forces to detain perpetrator
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems
- Protect system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities, reporting violations
- Implement security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits
- Upgrade system by implementing and maintaining security controls
- Keep users informed by preparing performance reports, communicating system status.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards
- Exude your upbeat energy and enthusiasm each and every day to motivate your team to be the best they can in every aspect of what they do
- Celebrate the success of others by recognizing the contributions of committed team members and their achievements
- Align your values with the Mission, Vision and Values of the Client
- Be a role model for the Client’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people, with every word you say or put in print and everything you do
- Communicate in a fashion that is respectful and well understood
- Collaborate with your peers to collectively think of innovative ideas that drive business through technology
- Build and utilize working relationships with internal business partners across the organization and external business contacts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 7+ years of prior relevant experience
- AWS Security expert
- Experience with serveless / distributed systems
- Experience in blockchain nodes and cryptocurrency preferred
- Advanced industry-specific training and certification
- Advanced understanding of common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, models, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data, and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows), VMware technology, and Unix and basic Unix commands
- Skills of perception and QA, ability to identify vulnerabilities and overall issues
- Forensic approach to challenges
- Ability to think like a hacker and anticipate hacker moves
- Desire to self-educate on the ever-changing landscape of cyber hacking tactics
- Experience in professional cybersecurity a plus
Job Title: Intermediate Backend Engineer (FinTech)
Job type: Full time (Remote)
- Do you have 3-5 years’ backend software development experience? Are you looking for a remote job? Then we have the opportunity for you!
- We are looking to hire an Intermediate Backend Engineer (FinTech) to join our exciting remote team.
- As an Intermediate Backend Engineer (FinTech) you will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team.
- You’ll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people with taking full ownership of the product.
- They are looking for someone who has experience not only with their tech stack in a successful SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development.
- The idea candidates are ones that have previously worked within a FinTech/ Crypto company and who are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code.
- Required Technologies the ideal candidate must be highly skilled in: NodeJS, VueJS, Serverless Framework, AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, Cloudwatch and IAM) and unit testing (Jest & Mocha).
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features
- Provide guidance and assist in helping knock down walls and clear path towards work completion
- Lead a group of engineers and cross-functional team members in the implementation of new and existing features
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing
- Empower team members – including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA – through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross-functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform
- Participate in mandatory weekly calls
- 3-5 years’ work experience as a Backend Engineer / Developer
- Experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development
- Strong experience working in AWS (Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, Cloudwatch and IAM) with a strong desire to further one’s skills
- Serverless Framework experience
- Unit Testing (jest and or mocha) experience
- Experience in Golang, Typescript, Kubernetes, Elastick Stack and or Streams (Kafka, Kinesis) highly advantageous
- State Machine and Step Function experience advantageous
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying
- dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions.
- You’re experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- You’re comfortable collaborating closely with product managers, product owners, and stakeholders, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You’re a thoughtful communicator – some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key.