GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Operational Controllership Analyst
Ref No: 3511640
- Key finance role responsible for supporting GE Grid Solutions Finance & Operations Teams in Sub-Sahara Africa region.
- The Controller will be Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, tax compliance, tax planning, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis.
- Lead finance activities on the implementation and running of the new ERPs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field and 3 years progressive accounting or finance experience; OR high school diploma / GED and 5 years accounting or finance experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in U.S. GAAP and local GAAP
- CPA/ CA or GE Corporate Audit Staff
- Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
- Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
- Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Fluency in English is mandatory, and French is optional
- Responsible for designing and implementing internal controls over financial reporting, including accounting policy implementations, SOX, distributed controllership, process simplification.
- Serve as controllership expert on financial system and ERP implementations. Provide guidance and technical clarifications on revenue recognition policy.
- Responsible for managing the audit and maintain relationship with external auditors to ensure a successful and timely completion of audit and tax filing. Preparation and review of statutory financials and tax returns, review of tax positions and tax reserves in co-ordination with HQ tax team.
- Responsible to run controllership rhythm in the region managing Balance sheet reviews, Account Recs, Risk reviews, project LD reviews etc.
- Effective communication with other functional areas required.
- Basic commercial awareness; developed interpersonal skills to handle complex situations. Focus on team & department priorities within operating unit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online