Fesadeb Communications Limited is Nigeria’s leading media company driving the growth of the housing sector through a multifaceted channel approach encompassing TV, print, online media and live-interactive platforms.
These avenues which have grown into some of the most lucrative showcases for corporates, products and services within the built and construction sector include Abuja International Housing Show – Africa’s largest real estate and construction festival, Housing Development Programme on NTA & AIT, Housing Time on RayPower, Housing News Magazine and the largest housing news portal in the nation, africahousingnews.com.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: News Paper Reporter / Editor
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate should be able to collect information on assigned topics to report accurate and timely news.
- Talk to sources, follow-up on leads, and do research to be as well informed as possible. Fact-check their findings, then write them up in an article for printing or a script to be read on-air
Analyze and collect information through various modes such as personal interviews and news briefings to prepare news reports:
- Monitor daily events locally, nationally and internationally and assist others to gather current events.
- Perform research and write international, local and national news.
- Analyze and ensure accurate and crisp news reporting to avoid ambiguity and redundancy.
- Collaborate with news editors to improve story presentation.
- Work in assigned beat areas once every week to gather all local news.
- Prepare reports to keep the public informed about daily happenings.
- Coordinate with news editors and fellow reporters to develop story ideas for report writing.
- Maintain relations with all news sources on a daily basis to develop story ideas and compile appropriate reports.
- Coordinate with the graphics department to obtain visual elements for each story with photos or graphics.
- Manage staff photographers for all reports of local events.
- Major duties are writing of news stories, news reports and featured stories.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- N.B: We need someone with excellent content writing and development skill.
- Must be Abuja based or willing to relocate.
N75,000 – N150,000 / Month
Deadline: 30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and Samples of News Reports you have previously worked on to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.