Sigma Consulting is one of the fast growing Nigeria’s management & healthcare consulting firms. We work with top executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. For more than 5 years, we’ve been passionate about achieving better results for our clients, results that go beyond financials and are uniquely tailored, pragmatic, holistic , sustainable and clients oriented.
Sigma has more than 41 consultants in major industries and provided services in 3 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Job Type: Full Time
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for assessing patient eyes to identify vision defects, diseases and injuries.
- The candidate is expected to maintain medical files, evaluate eye defects, recording treatment plans, and perform eye inspections, expected to diagnose and treat visual problems and manage diseases, injuries, and other disorders of the eyes.
- Must possess a Doctor of Optometry Degree (O.D) from a reputable institution.
- Have minimum experience of 3 years in Optometry practices.
- Applicants must possess current practicing license issued by the Optometrists and Dispensing Optician Registration Board of Nigeria (ODORBN).
- Excellent communication skills.
- An interest in health and a desire to improve people quality of life.
- Attention to detail.
- Clinical decision-making and the ability to use professional judgement.
- Manual dexterity, precision and accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Perform vision tests and analyze results.
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness or farsightedness, eye diseases such as glaucoma.
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other visual aids, and if state law permits medications.
- Perform minor surgical procedures to correct or treat visual or eye health issues.
- Provide treatments such as vision therapy or low-vision rehabilitation.
- Provide pre and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery.
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications.
- Educate patients on proper eye care.
- Advise patients about proper eye hygiene and care.
- Conduct routine eye examinations, including visual field tests.
Deadline: 28th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online