The Nigerian Navy (NN) is a branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is among the largest navies on the African continent, consisting of several thousand personnel, including those of the Coast Guard.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 28 in the under-listed position:
Job Title: Physiotherapist
- B.Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation).
- Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
General Information to Candidates
- Applicants must be a Nigerian Citizen by birth.
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- Applicants who obtained credentials from foreign institutions should ensure the certificates are authenticated by the Federal Ministry of Education and copies of the certificates are to be submitted at chosen aptitude test centres on 17 October 2020.
- Applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
- NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC is a compulsory requirement for enlistment.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 meters tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 meters tall.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 7 January 2021.
- Serving personnel, Soldier/Rating/Airman, and other paramilitary services personnel must obtain a letter of attestation duly signed by the heads of their units.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date and time of the aptitude test will be communicated via this website.
- Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
- Abuja Centre:
- Army Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
- Command Day Secondary School, Lungi Barracks.
- Bauchi Centre:
- Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
- Owerrinta Centre:
- Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics College, Owerrinta, Imo State.
- Lagos Centre:
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
- Navy Town Secondary School, Navy Town Ojo.
- Port-Harcourt Centre:
- Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
- Air Force Secondary School, 115 Special Operations Group, Air Force Base.
- Sokoto Centre:
- Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
- Abuja Centre:
- Applicants are to appear for the Aptitude Test with the following:
- Photocopies of Degree and NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- Acknowledgement Form.
- Applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free of charge and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
Deadline: 5th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Register Online
- On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal to generate the applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are thereafter advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’.
- For technical support, call: 08119910567 between 0800 and 1700 hours only.