A co-educational full boarding secondary School is recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resident Carpenter
Location: Epe, Lagos
- The Resident Carpenter will be responsible for the repair, maintenance, installation and construction of the interior and exterior of the school structures and other facilities, school fixtures and equipment, school grounds, and associated items as they apply to the carpentry trade.
- Ensure that school buildings and facilities are in a proper state of repair and meets the required standard
- Operates and maintain carpentry tools and equipment
- Maintains doors, windows, furniture and other items
- Build cabinets, doors, and other objects made of wood
- Use both power and hand tools, such as hammers, saws, drills, and chisels
- Repairs the structures of school buildings to ensure that all buildings are in a proper state of repair
- Measures, cuts, constructs, alters, repairs, maintains, installs, assembles and dismantles, including, but not limited to, building architectural components made of wood, wood substitute, laminates, acrylics, glass, metal, drywall, and associated hardware in accordance with calculated measurements and predetermined specifications
- Performs minor glazing and caulking, and replaces glass and all associated framing, and metal siding required for door and window installation
- Removes, repairs, alters, erects and rebuilds walls and ceilings including but not limited to, the framing, insulation, drywall, taping and sanding
- Installs, repairs and replaces doors, locks, crash bars, panic bars and all associated hardware in facilities
- Selects, prepares, operates, maintains and performs minor repairs to hand tools and power tools, stationary machines and other related equipment, as well as assists and/or trains other staff in their proper and safe use
- Ensures work is complete and labour and materials are documented where applicable for costing to appropriate accounts
- Maintains and monitors work area, equipment and working environments regularly to maintain a safe and hazard free workplace
- Repairs basketball backboards and other permanent sports equipment associated with the school buildings. Maintains or repairs playground equipment/structures such as goalposts and basketball backboards
- Sets up and uses scaffolding as needed
- Performs general repairs on all other related areas not specified above
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
Qualification, Experience, Skills And Competencies
- Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) and a valid General Carpentry trade certificate.
- Three (3) years experience in general carpentry, construction or related industry
- Knowledge of carpentry and building maintenance
- Knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Detail oriented
- Manual dexterity, physical strength and stamina
- Sound knowledge of general construction codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- High integrity and ethical standards
Deadline: 10th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.