Groots Consulting UG is a tech enterprise with the vision of building a future in which people and communities own their digital identities and are participating in the data economy on equal terms. We offer our data collection service to private and public companies, sourcing grass-roots expertise and metrics in emerging markets. Groots provides instant, primary and cheap information in a reliable and sustainable way, unlike current solutions, which are missing this symbiotic approach and struggle with user fatigue. We are rewarding those who have field expertise and first-hand information. The data we collect enables better consumer products, economic and social development as well as environmental protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales and User Onboarding Professional
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Lagos, Ogun
This is a 6week contractual role where you will be driving the adoption of digital identities for neighborhood shops in Lagos and Abuja. This will include going to neighborhood shops to help them learn about Groots’ product offerings – helping them understand the problem Groots solves, how our product solves this problem for them, and guide them in getting started with the product.
- Can communicate effectively in English Language
- Resident in Lagos / Ogun (preferred locations: Epe, Ikorodu, Mowe / Ibafor [Ogun], Badagry) or Abuja (preferred locations: Kuje, Kubwa, Gwagwalada, Karu)
- Fluency in Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa will be great but not fundamental (please still apply if not fluent in either languages)
- Have sales experience and can manage lots of rejections while maintaining a positive drive to get results
- Be tech savvy, have good experience in using mobile applications
- Have a smartphone with Android version of 5.0 or above
- Have strong social skills
- Thoroughly understand the problem that Groots is solving and the product we use to solve this problem
- Go to neighborhood shops to help them understand the problem that Groots is solving, our solutions, as well as guide them to get started with our product
- Document your learnings from talking with neighborhood shops and share insights with other team members
- Observe Groots operational procedures (fast, dynamic, and result-driven)
- This is 80% sales role
What We Offer
- Remuneration: Competitive
- Open, great, and dynamic work culture
- Opportunity to work with incredibly smart and creative young people
- Opportunity to extend engagement or receive full-time offer based on performance and final outcome
Deadline: 5th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as subject of the email.