Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting internally and externally for the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Description of the Position
- The Security Manager- supports mission in improving security management and access for the humanitarian intervention of SI in Nigeria
- Under the line management of the Country Director and in collaboration with the LogCo&FieldCos, the Security Manager helps in collecting and analysing security context and access in Nigeria. This will help in informing security decisions taken by SI (CD) on strategic aspects as well as day to day security management of the mission.
Security networking with key actors:
- Establish, develop and maintain relations and a network of contacts allowing the collection of information related with the humanitarian access and the context, specifically in the areas of intervention; and provide update to the line manager.
- Represent SI to those stakeholders always in accordance with the approach agreed with his/her line management and in compliance with SI Policies.
- Develop and update list of contacts (formal/ informal) and create a national level stakeholders map, develop and regularly update internal maps on safe and un-safe areas.
Monitor/ Reporting / Communication:
- Assess the security situation in Nigeria (focus on North East) by collecting information from formal and informal network and/or the team and/divers media (social media, blogs, webpages, etc.);
- Prepare regular written reports on context, security and humanitarian access and share them with the line manager.
- Update context part in the monthly/weekly sitreps
- Support his/her line manager in developing and adapting the security guidelines for the teams.
- Collect information on humanitarian access and report regularly to the line manager;
- Report immediately to the line manager any sudden changes on the access and security in the areas where SI operates;
- Update the security incidents matrix and provide an analysis to the line manager.
- Support the CD in the management of security incidents and if need be, act as focal point for the teams at national level for any access and security related issue.
- Provide advice to the CD on measures to safeguard & security of the SI teams
- Develop, update and conduct the national contextual briefing for new international staffs arriving to the mission, delocalized national staffs, and national staff recruited at coordination level.
- Suggest the CD and the coordination team proper actions directed to promote the humanitarian intervention of SI in area with limited access
- Support Field Coordinators in understanding context analysis, network development & social structure of local communities.
Acts as the functional manager of the Field Coordinator Assistants (FCA). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contribute to the recruitment process of FCA.
- Involve in the training & coaching of FCA on context analysis, network development and information analysis.
- Ensure overall coordination with the Program, Administration and Logistics Departments;
- Participation in external Security and Access coordination meetings
- It is strictly prohibited for the Security manager to disclose information concerning Solidarites International and its activities without prior authorization from the Country Director.
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information and context analysis on the mission.
- Professional experience: 3 years of experience in a similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) out of which 2 years of progressive experience in an INGO
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress, Demonstrable ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications
- Basics in geographical information system (GIS)
- Demonstrable experience in managing staff safety and security.
Deadline: 10th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Clicking on the link above and select “Security Manager- Maiduguri”
- Fill the form and attach your CV. The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Note: As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.