Myrtle Management Consultants – Our client is a premium day spa renowned for providing positive energy and rejuvenation space located in the heart of Port-Harcourt city.
They require the services of suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Spa Therapist
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
- You are expected to maintain the standards of Spa’s etiquette and service in all interactions with guests and staff.
- You are responsible for providing all guest with customised personal attention that meets and exceeds all their needs.
- You must be comfortable anticipating a guest’s needs and discussing any guest concerns and be responsible for addressing any extra details required.
- In addition, you must contribute to the development and improvement of procedures and treatments through participation in service and process improvement opportunities.
- Deliver a variety of spa services (body treatments, Hamman, massages, facials, laser treatments, waxing and manicure/pedicure) in a safe and comfortable manner
- Acknowledge and respond to relevant customer queries, needs and expectations
- Suggest and promote retail products or additional services
- Uphold hygiene standards and follow health and safety regulations
- Cooperate with and report on administration on any arising issues
- Apply best practices and be up to date with market trends
- Seek for every new opportunity to suggest new and enhanced guest experiences.
- You are to maintain current knowledge of all Spa’s services pricings, offerings, schedules, specials and other services provided at the spa
- Maintain equipment and sample inventory of products
- Keep documentation and maintain client’s files
- Keep a clean and stocked room
- Encourage upselling, link selling and retail sales with every guest
- Provide guests with a thorough and knowledgeable range of Serene spa services
- Greet all arriving and departing guests in the treatment areas by name
- Receive and respond to all guests concerns, comments or complaints with discretion and urgency
- Advice all incoming guests of treatment procedures, special instructions, ad billing information
- Enquire as to the guest experience and level of satisfaction with service
- Communicate guest request preferences to relevant departments and co-workers
- Provide respect, sensitivity, and concern for guests’ needs with a professional and pleasant manner
- Always maintain positive guest relations, including in-house guest, day guests, and telephone enquiries
- Ensure all equipment is in good working order and functioning properly
- Exercise dependability and willingness to work with schedule flexibility
- Practice a “clean as you go” approach to work areas
- Observe all departmental safety procedures and protocols
- Maintain the confidentiality policy for all spa guests and employees
- Provide an explanation for all spa techniques and treatments used
- Answer any therapy questions or concerns
- Effectively communicate with all co-workers, spa guest, and management to their understanding
Training and Human resources management:
- Continuously attend training sessions in the spa
- Attend regularly schedules product knowledge training classes
- Attend training sessions as highlighted in the Annual Training plan
- Provide staff mentoring when required
Health and Safety:
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported immediately and rectified
- Be fully conversant with all fire, emergency procedures
- Ensure all staff within the department work in a manner which is safe and unlikely to give the risk of harm or injury to themselves or others
- Attend all staff meetings
- Attend all safety meetings
- Maintain a daily activity log
- Maintain and develop the client base
- Maintain guest history files on all existing guests
- Review all upcoming appointments and treatments
- Degree or current license in aesthetics or physiotherapy
- Proven work experience as a Spa Therapist
- Hands-on experience in massage techniques, hamman, laser treatments, waxing and face/body therapies
- Excellent command of English language
- Communication and customer service skills
- Positive attitude
- User level computer skills
- Very competitive
Deadline: 20th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.