Damien Foundation (DFB), Nigeria Project is a charitable Non-Governmental Medical Organization involved in Leprosy and Tuberculosis Control activities in Nigeria since early 90s. The foundation is very popular with her achievement in pioneering Multi-Drug Resistance Tuberculosis (MDR-TB) treatment in the country. She initiated the MDR-TB treatment in collaboration with University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan in June 2010 and recorded a high treatment success rate.
In over 25 years of operation in Nigeria, the foundation has impacted lives of several Persons Affected with Leprosy (PALs) through free reconstructive surgeries, free prostheses, mobile clinics, social reintegration and social supports to both PALs and their families
Currently, Damien Foundation Nigeria covers a population of over 56 million across nine States (Oyo, Osun, Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Kwara, Delta, Ondo, and Edo states) with technical and financial supports in case detection and management in Tuberculosis and Leprosy. The main character of Damien Foundation is the quality of services, which are delivered in close partnership with the community and the Government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TB Programme Manager
Contract term: Full-time Position, 3-years Fixed term contract
Purpose of the Position (General)
- Under the leadership of the Country Representative, the TB Programme Manager is responsible for planning, governance and for overseeing the successful implementation and delivery of the program’s activities to achieve its intended goal. He/She coordinates the planning and provides oversight to all technical areas under the project.
- He/She will lead the overall day to day management of the Project and the resources (Finance, Human resources and time), technical direction of staff, and technical direction of the Project’s detail activities such as work planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, coordination and partnership.
- The Project Manager will be the Activity’s key liaison with MOH, government counterparts, other non-government organizations and local associations. S/he will manage and supervise the work of program personnel and sub grantees and ensure that all program assistance is technically sound and appropriate. S/he also oversees program work planning, performance management, and strategic communication. S/he will be expected to have regular and transparent communication with the Country Representative
- He/She provides day-to-day supervision to technical staff of the project. He/She enhances and anchors the in-depth knowledge of specific technical areas and ensures the quality of activities implemented
Major and Overall Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees all technical activities as per the approved work plan
- Be responsible for the overall quality of the project;
- Leads and manages project implementing team of Damien Foundation
- Enhances capacity of health and community workforce, including on active case finding;
- Strengthens urban community-based response to TB case finding;
- Works to strengthen local organizational capacity;
- Manages risks and issues and taking corrective measurements on time;
- Aligns the deliverables (outputs) to the project’s “outcome”;
- Identifies opportunities & ensures that appropriate strategies/policies are applied accordingly, to improve TB control within the State and contributes to the national effort;
- Takes a lead in all TB Programme related issues and routines, review it in collaborative with the coordination and management team and project team at all levels;
- Contributes to knowledge management by identifying key results for performance improvement and communication strategies;
- Establishes regular proper communication/collaboration with MOH
- Provides regular and timely technical assistance as required to TB Control Programme staffs at all levels;
- Liaises with all partners on the State to ensure that the cooperation remains firm and keep moving stronger than the anticipated goal is eventually achieved;
- Manages program documentation, reports on program performance to executive team, donor.
- Identifies opportunities for continual improvement of the project and work hard for its scale-up;
- Ensures relevant standards, process and regulations are upheld;
- Contributes for the formulation of Urban TB policy in consultation with relevant experts;
- Establishes regular proper communication/collaboration with MOH and other organizations in the State, the donor and other stakeholders;
- With the Financial Manager make sure budget is properly managed and reporting on fund allocation is prepared on time;
- Gather feedback and should be capable to presenting insights to donors and partners;
- Carries out additional tasks which are relevant to the organization, the donor by own initiative and/or as per immediate supervisorsâ€™ guidance;
- Perform any other duties that may be deemed appropriate for this role.
People, project and quality management:
- Works with the HR team to manage staff and resources for the project;
- Supervises and inspires team members, while creating an environment where sharing, technical discussion and innovation are part of the routine practice DFB project;
- Together with the DFB staffs identifies technical capacity issues within the project and during implementation and exert every effort to address these;
- Contributes to the development, implementation and monitoring of the work plan in cooperation with M & E unit and other senior staffs;
- Make people the Center of all endeavours by the project.
- Identifies areas for crosscutting collaboration with MOH and relevant partners;
- Enhances and anchors the in-depth knowledge of TB technical areas in the technical team;
- Actively shares knowledge with the State TB control program;
- Maintain personal in-depth knowledge on TB control areas and able to understand as well as manage a frequently changing development related to TB.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master’s Degree in public health or equivalent, minimum of 10-year relevant work experience in TB control of which 5 years is a senior advisory/managerial experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in public health, minimum of 15-year relevant experience in TB control of which 7 years is a senior advisory/managerial experience;
- Proven experience in health program management of at least 5 years;
- Experience of urban TB program management is an asset;
- Working experience with GFATM projects would be an advantage;
- Proven stakeholders management skills and proven track record in people, partners and project management;
- Proven experience managing teams;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in capacity building and utilizing participatory learning methodologies;
- The ability to organize and prioritize with eye for detail;
- Past experience working in Lagos would be an advantage;
Deadline: 15th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online