FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, Media & Communications
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in-country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives.
- Develops adoption and / or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise.
- Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
- Provides technical support in the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention for research projects.
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
- Assists with publications, web pages, and presentations.’
- Conducts searches of published literature on evolving issues in assigned technical area.
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff.
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
- Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
- Ensures project implementation adheres to company strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or related field.
- Typically requires 5-8 years of managing data collection and technical assistance experience.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with providing technical support for research studies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to problem-solve and implements corrective action as needed.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within selecting methods and techniques to determine appropriate action.
- Builds productive working relationships with internal and external staff.
- Decision may affect a work unit or area within a department.
Supervision Given / Received:
- Has no supervisory responsibility.
- Receives methods and procedures on new projects and assignments.
- May provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director or Director.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other handheld devices.
- 10% – 25%
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.