Union Bank of Nigeria (“UBN”) was established in 1917 and is one of Nigeria’s long-standing and most respected financial institutions, offering a portfolio of banking services to individuals, SMEs, commercial and corporate clients. With a robust geographical network comprising more than 300 service centres and over 950+ ATMs spread across Nigeria, we have remained committed to helping individuals, families and businesses grow for nearly a century.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital & Innovation Associate
Description / Responsibilities
The Innovation Associate will report to the Head of Digital and Innovation and play a key role in identifying and implementing projects consistent with our strategy and with significant impact throughout the Bank. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Implement an internal innovation strategy that will include a consistent pipeline of ideas to solve the problem areas experienced across business units and functions as well as run internal innovation challenges that will see ideas within the pipeline through to implementation.
- Support the development of board and senior management presentations including research related to macroeconomic indicators, banking industry and relevant policies, competitive landscape, emerging trends, market sectors, etc.
- Identify, manage and track strategic partnerships for the bank (e.g. Fintechs and other technology partners) to address the problem areas faced by business units and functions, improving product / service offerings with the ultimate goal of improving the bottom line
- Develop business case and cost-benefit analysis to make the case for ideas, proposed partnerships or identified products or solutions for uptake by the bank
- Conduct external innovation challenges aimed at supporting creative and innovative solutions to relevant social problems.
- Drive an innovation culture within the bank through implementation of relevant initiatives.
- Support translation of the bank’s long-term strategy for the annual strategic review/refresh cycle and execution tracking
- Establish an incubator type environment for new initiatives being developed; and assist the organization on approach, and potential adoption of relevant business concepts
- Create and maintain an innovation community of past and present participants of the external challenges and Fintech’s within our network to ensure an ecosystem of diverse minds, coming together to share ideas and resources in the spirit of collaboration
- Run top priority projects to materially improve effectiveness and performance of the bank
- Facilitate project management for implementation of initiatives across the organization
- Coordinate and supervise detailed competitive, market, trend, economic and financial analysis to inform strategic decisions by top management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online