HR Leverage Africa – Our client, a Prestigious Media based in Abuja is currently recruiting qualified and smart candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Accountant, reporting to the Managing Director manages the company or organization’s finances and are responsible for financial reporting.
- The incumbent will assess financial risks and opportunities and oversee and manage lower level financial managers. They also help set and track financial goals, objectives, and budgets.
- The Accountant will be responsible for the overall financial management, business analysis and reporting of financials, ensuring ongoing viability and a secure financial future in line with the organization’s business strategy, mission and values.
- The incumbent will provide financial advice and information to the Managing Director, the Board of Directors and the senior team and develop and maintain financial and investment strategies.
- The incumbent will have substantial experience / awareness of FRIS regulations, charitable finance regulations and key strategic finance reporting.
- MSc / MBA and ICAN certification
- Proven 5 years work experience as a Head of Accounts, Director of Finance or similar role
- Proven ability to develop long term strategic relationships with C-Level decision-makers
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership abilities
- Grants and project management skills
- Communication and team coordination skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business.
- Ensure that there is an accounting and procedural manual for the finance function for the excellent record keeping of financial transactions, bills collections and invoice settlements
- Lead the automation of accounting processes and procedures for the efficient and accurate processing of transactions and reports generation, including systems security and data back-up
- Update and ensure compliance with the cost management practices, and credit management policies and procedures for prompt receipts of overdue receivables
- Supervise the raising of funds for the company and the utilization of funds for capacity upgrade and other purposes
- Preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts, and tracking records of cost and comparing actual with budget
- Review costs components for determination of services/products charge-out rates
- Design and monitor implementation of systems and controls to ensure compliance with tax and other financial regulatory provisions
- Anticipate and control financial risks through the creation of a strong internal control environment
- Preparation and presentation of period-end Income Statement and Statement of financial position
- Attend to all Tax and Audit queries and ensure all taxes and dues are paid promptly and per relevant regulations
- Oversee the maintenance of Fixed Assets register and updating of inventory records.
- Oversight of the Procurement processes, including the review and updating of operational policies and procedures
- Participate in the recruitment of finance staff
- Ensure the continuous development of the finance personnel in their respective job functions
- Setting and review of periodic and annual performance targets for finance staff
- Advising and implementing best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Investment appraisal and analysis.
- Managing the External Auditor relationship and ensuring the organisation is compliant with accounting standards.
- Presentation of financial results and insights to the Board
- Consult board members about funding options.
- Managing the financial reporting for the organisation. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, 5-year financial plans and all statutory financial reporting.
- Providing sound financial support and insights to enable the TV network to make critical business decisions
- Play a key role in the formulation of the business’s strategy.
- Oversee and manage lower-level financial managers.
- They also help set and track financial goals, objectives, and budgets.
- Responsible for the overall financial management, business analysis and reporting of financials, ensuring ongoing viability and a secure financial future in line with the organisationâ€™s business strategy, mission and values.
- Providing financial advice and information to the Medical Director, the Board of Directors and the senior team and develop and maintain financial and investment strategies.
- Liaising the contact between the Finance Office and the rest of the organisation.
Deadline: 31st October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: Abuja@HRLeverageafrica.com using the position as the subject of the email.