Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH sector in North East region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Administrative Responsible
Location: Monguno, Borno
Description of the Position
- Under the technical supervision of the Finance Coordinator and the HR Coordinator and the direct management of the Field Coordinator:
- The Administrative responsible carries out administrative, accounting and some financial management of his/her base, in compliance with donor and SOLIDARITES International procedures
- He/she is also one of those charged with ensuring that Solidarités International’s Human Resources policy is properly implemented at the base.
- He/she supports, monitors and trains the members of his/her administrative team.
Administrative management of personnel:
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing.
- Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base according to SI recruitment process (checking personal documents as medical fitness authorization, requests of recruitment etc.)
- Supervise the archiving, handling and security of Solidarités International personnel files.
- Draft employment contracts for employees at his/her base, and ensure that they understand them
- Supervise the collection of elements needed to establish wages and monitor their proper implementation.
- Assist in defining and applying Solidarités International’s salary and social policies.
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies.
- Oversee the setting up of legal representation and consultation bodies for personnel at his/her base, and assist in conflict management and resolution.
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel. He/she is in charge of reminding to all managers’ deadlines for EAP and end of probation period.
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan.
- Assist in ordering and determining disciplinary measures.
- Apply the formalities provided for sanctions and for termination or breach of contract.
- Conduct meetings and communication with personnel.
- Track the cost of living at his / her assignment base.
- Update the organization chart of his / her assignment base.
- Define the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated.
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team at his/her assignment base.
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative team.
- Lead meetings for the administrative team.
Cash-flow / Bookkeeping:
- Manage his / her base’s cash-flow by requesting funds to coordination on time.
- Validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures and budget allocated.
- Supervise account keeping at his / her base, monitor cash balances
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
- Manage transfers and monitor the security of funds
- Formulate cash-flow forecasts with the logistics manager and the program managers
- Supervise the upkeep and security of safes and cash-boxes
- Verify the accounting files before they are sent to Coordination
Budgetary / Financial Monitoring:
- Update allocation boards for his / her base
- Update operational follow-up and logistic follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
Reporting / Communication:
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International on request and/or by order
- Supervise the sending of administrative (scan of lease agreement…), finance (original invoices paid at coordination level…) and HR files (contracts signed…) to the coordination according to the process in each department.
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are made to the coordination according to the Solidarités administrative calendar
- Training / Education: BSc in Finance/ Accounting/Business Management / Administrative management or related
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and / or strong operational background
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa – Added Advantage)
- Finance related skills: accounting, tax calculation, administrative management, finance management related local authorities networking
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, SAGA and Homere
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress.
Deadline: 6th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- Nationality: For Nigeria Nationals only!
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.