Fenix International is a next-generation energy company. Our mission is to transform our customers’ quality of life through disruptive innovation in energy and financial services. Our flagship product, ReadyPay Solar, is an expandable, lease-to-own solar home system financed through affordable instalments starting under $0.17 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a unique credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans and open up a wider world of energy and financing for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development & Expansion Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Position: Full Time
Team: Sales and Marketing
- The Business Development & Expansion Associate will travel regularly to states within Nigeria not yet covered by the business to tap into new markets and build strong long lasting relationships with new customers.
- The role will require you to supervise the setup of a new State, completing all legal requirements and develop a marketing & sales strategy.
- The role will also require you to complete all tenders in compliance with tender clarifications and negotiations in Nigeria.
- You will demonstrate and maintain a clear understanding of customers, their livelihood, wants and their requirements with regular visits.
- The incumbent must understand and be able to justify qualitatively and quantitatively, the basic requirements for recommendation of a location.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Promote the company’s products, predicting (using gathered data on the field) and address customers’ specific needs, provided the “demand numbers” are quantifiable.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on achieving business goals and sales team goals
Deliverables and Activities:
- Initiate sales support bi-tools in collaboration with the data analyst to aid in strategic planning and decision making
- Initiate and prepare growth or expansion plans for review and approval
- Track daily, weekly sales and monthly trends and proffer action plans to improve sales performance.
- Work with marketing manager to build and drive Implementing an effective sales pipelines and leads tracking process
- Assist in the design of training manuals for the sales team
- Provide trustworthy information pre and post market evaluation process
- Ensure knowledge in researching market and industry trends are current and relevant
- Prepare draft sales process, policies and procedures for the Head of Sales and Marketing
- Monitor and do spot check to ensure the PPPs are strictly adhered to by the sales team.
- Build long-term relationships with the sales team especially the FSMs and FTLs
- In collaboration with talent, design and implement team bonding activities for the sales team
- Prepare a quarterly route plan, using empirical data from the REA Map and other dependable source of information
- Ensure tools, resources needed by the field team are promptly collated and sent for approval.
- Support the field team in local events planning such as local festivals, sporting events etc
- Support the other departments in Identifying products, talents, etc through initial market evaluation, that would appeal to potential customers in specific regions
- Cultivating positive interactions and relationships with internal departments and especially security, to evaluate strategies and outcomes.
- Provide useful information from market engagement, to provide niche customer experience and build brand loyalty.
Required Skills & Experience
- University Degree in Business or a related field, MBA a plus
- 2-3 years experience
- Experience managing a CRM tool
- Superior Teamwork Skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Strong Leadership and People Development Skills
- Superior Communication / Presentation Skills
- Conflict Management / Composure
- Strong Planning & Organizational Skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Persuasive / Sales Ability / Negotiations
- Up to 70% travel required
Highly Desired Skills:
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work both in teams and independently
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem-solving skills (solutions-oriented)
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online