Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Job Code: 5454
Employment Status: Corporate Staff
Reports to: Finance Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct audits of processes and controls, including Operational, Regulatory Compliance, and Financial Audits
- Coordinate and liaise with external auditors to ensure external audits and financial reporting processes are efficient and effective
- Assist with financial reporting and reconciliation during project close-out
- Evaluate systems and processes to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure enhanced operational and financial reporting of all projects’ activities including analysis of key business elements
- Support in the financial reporting processes within DAI in Nigeria
- Provide financial management support to new and existing projects
- Investigate and report on adverse / unusual budget trends.
- Ensure efficient utilization of DAI’s financial software system.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews and risk assessment.
- Develop and maintain compliance review strategies, plans, initiatives and processes.
- Assist in managing DAI’s quality management systems in DAI
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or similar discipline. Possession of an accounting certification; ACA, ACCA, CIMA is required.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in internal audit and financial management. Relevant experience within an International development organization or NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, budgeting techniques, financial control practices and reporting.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with modern accounting software (e.g. SAGE, QuickBooks, Peachtree, etc)
Deadline: 30th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.