Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997, we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Country Research Coordinator (CRC), DOS / Evaluation of the American Spaces Program, Nigeria
Proposed Project Objective
Social Impact has been hired to evaluate the American Spaces Program. The evaluation will help determine the degree to which American Spaces is meeting Program aims of advancing access to information about the United States; advising local communities on U.S. higher education; providing English language teaching and learning opportunities; supporting alumni engagement; and promoting cultural programming abroad and contributing to core programming areas, and to identify best practices.
- The Country Research Coordinator (CRC) will provide logistical and administrative support to the evaluation team to ensure a smooth and successful fieldwork period. The CRC is responsible for scheduling Key Informant Interviews (KIIs); providing input on local context; and sourcing evaluation resources and supplies.
- We are recruiting for CRCs who will assist the evaluation team as they conduct data collection in Nigeria.
- In Phase 1 of data collection (approximately August 1, 2020 – October 30, 2020), the CRC will support the team by conducting phone surveys in English.
- In Phase 2 of data collection (approximately November 2020 – March 2021), the CRC will provide administrative support to the team who will conduct interviews and focus group discussions. Roles include:
- Preparing the team for fieldwork
- Scheduling interviews and meetings for in-country data collection
- Maintaining regular communication with SI’s management team
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Handling logistics of data collection (setting up interviews, tracking completions, locating participants, identifying and setting up locations for interviews and focus groups, etc)
- Support research team with facilitation of focus group discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international affairs/relations or a related field.
- Experience handling logistics of data collection (locating participants, setting up interviews, tracking completions, identifying and setting up locations for interviews and focus groups, etc).
- Experience with data entry and transcription of qualitative data preferred.
- Prior experience coordinating with respondents and partners – including youth, developing country governments, ministries, universities, and/or local NGOs on behalf of implementation or evaluation teams.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, within the context of a larger team.
- Experience conducting interviews and/or focus group discussions.
- Exceptional communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
- To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
- SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.