The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Webcruiter ID: 4302260005
Location: FCT, Abuja
Employment Type: Contract
Percentage of Full-time: 100
Start Date: 10 / 11 / 2020
End Date: 31 / 12 / 2020
Reports to: The Logistics Technical Assistant (Abuja) with technical management by the Logistics Manager.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015 in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Yola Area Office, Field Offices in Borno and Adamawa states and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Livelihoods & Food Security (LFS); Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Management Camp Coordination (CCCM) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- NRC is looking for a Driver for our Coordination office in Abuja – Nigeria. The purpose of the Driver position is to provide service support to the country programme. The driver will be in charge of NRC vehicles and conveying all NRC staffs in and out of the office to their various designated assignment areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement
- Perform according to the work and development plan
- Drive NRC vehicles to pick or drop employees at their designated duty areas within and sometimes outside Abuja
- Deliver Important documents to required destinations as directed.
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient
- Keep NRC vehicles clean and maintained at all times Perform preventive and regular maintenance on NRC vehicles
- Convey NRC staffs on assignments in and out of the office to their desired destinations
- Pick up and drop off NRC staffs and partners from the airport to their destinations
- Cleaning and maintenance of all NRC vehicles
- Chart the best route possible in order to save time
- Update the office on the status of the vehicle particulars for timely registrations and renewals
- Experience from working as service support staff in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- SSCE of WASSCE or NECO Educational Qualification is required
- At least 3 years of experience working as a driver in a reputable organisation
- Valid Driver’s License/Driving school certificate
- Knowledge of the geographical/ streets and routes in Abuja
- Knowledge of preventive and maintenance measures for vehicles
- Knowledge of the road rules and signs in Nigeria
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure
- Handling insecure environment
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Communicating with impact and respect
We Can Offer
- Commencement: November, 2020
- Duration: 2 months (renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions – Grade Level 2
- Duty station: Abuja
- Travel: Frequent travels outside Yola is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.