Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since August 2016, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in WASH / SHELTER AND FSL sector in the North Eastern region (four areas in Borno State).
We are recruiting internally for the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator Assistant
Location: Ngala, Borno
Goal / Purpose
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his / her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidaritees International in his / her intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security and humanitarian monitoring.
- These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator. It is strictly prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidaritees International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation circulation.
List of Main Tasks
Main Tasks Security:
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator.
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidaritees International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings
- Ensure that Solidaritees International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs
- Regularly visit Solidaritees International’s intervention sites Humanitarian.
- Establish or reinforce relations with authorities under the delegation of the Field Coordinator;
- Meet with representatives from various authorities as often as needed to obtain documents or resolve related issues.
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his / her direct responsibility
- Participate in the drafting of Solidaritees International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base other departments.
- To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidaritees International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports.
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting
- Draft the minutes for base meetings
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings.
Profile Training / Education:
- B.Sc / HND Social Sciences / Development Studies or any relevant field.
- 2 years of experience in a similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 1 year of progressive experience in an INGO.
- English compulsory (Hausa / Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Project-related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up.
- Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Data collection and analysis software.
- Rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analyses capacities, resistance to stress.
Deadline: 31st October, 2020 by 5pm.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Submit Application online with your CV and Cover letter. CV must be named with your name and surname.