eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Operations Officer
Purpose of the Position
- The Field Operations Officer will support the renovation and setting up of Polio Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) in at least one Africa country.
- Along with a “core team” of specialists, the field operations officer will ensure the adequacy of the EOC facilities, including their physical space, ICT connectivity, and ability to strengthen the effectiveness and efficiency of providing adequate immunization services.
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Travels with the core team to one country for a period of approximately six weeks to support the establishment of a functional EOC.
- Ensures EOCs are functioning and maintains good operational management.
- Provides on the ground oversight and support for any civil works and field operations systems deployment.
- Supports the procurement and deployment of infrastructure and tools to provide required services at the assigned country EOC.
- Monitors EOC development and operational capacity to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual commitments
- Works with the Operations and Finance Leads, the Project Manager, Core Team, Government of project countries, and donor/partner to implement EOC projects and deliver on program objectives
- Develops report for country on completion of EOC upgrades.
- Periodically reports project progress/issues/challenges to Project Manager and Operations and Finance Leads.
- Ensures compliance with government laws and regulations
- Ensures effective communication and coordination between team members, stakeholders, government agencies and other agencies;
- Consistently at work and on time & adheres to policies and procedures
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a relevant field (Project Management, Engineering, Information And Communications Technology, or similar)
- Two years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in project coordination/management
- Ability to present data clearly and highlight its potential for decision making to high-level stakeholders
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication skills
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives
- Fluency in French is a strong asset.
- Must have or be willing to get a valid passport and be willing to travel within Africa
- Knowledge of EOCs information and management processing concepts
- Ability to plan, organize and manage the activities of a team
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to work calmly under pressure
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
- Focuses on Partner/Client Needs: Anticipates, understands and responds to the needs of internal and external clients and partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters
- Leads: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Organizes: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities
- Solves Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem
- Thinks Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online