Women Farmers Advancement Network (WOFAN) was established in June 1993 was incorporated with the Kano state Government as a community Development Association in 1995 and later registered with the corporate affairs commission in 2004. With its headquarters in Kano, WOFAN partners and works with a mobilized, registered multipurpose cooperatives, CBOS, community service groups, private sectors, research institutions towards achieving a holistic development of the people.
WOFAN has commenced implementation of the ICON of Hope Project. The main objective of the two-year project is to build resilience of 30,000 smallholder male and female farmers and processors, including those affected by COVID-19 pandemic, in Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to scale up the production and processing capacities of Rice and Groundnut male and female youth farmers and processors and competitively enhance rice and groundnut quality with a sustained linkages to markets.
We require suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender & Development Specialist
Reporting to: Executive Director (ED)
Requirements, Knowledge and Experience
- This position requires minimum of a Master’s degree in Agriculture, Sciences or Social Sciences and a minimum of 10 years experience in project management, including community mobilization, participatory planning and rural/community development; previous similar experience with International NGO will be an asset.
- A post graduate degree or diploma in Gender Studies is required.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication and facilitation skills, both verbally and in writing as well as effective coordination skills.
- This position requires fluency in English and Hausa. It also requires a high computer literacy with a full knowledge of Office applications.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, direction and supervision of the gender component of the project
- The Officer will monitor, evaluate, collate and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports on gender compliance from all project sites on all project activities.
- S/he will serve on the PMU as the Technical Advisor on gender and development, providing linkages between all components of the project and amongst all project implementing partners across the three states and FCT.
- The Specialist will lead gender advocacy activities at state and FCT levels to ensure critical stakeholders and influencers key-in to project objectives and actively support implementation.
Deadline: Thursday; 8th October, 2020.