Lagos Business School (LBS) is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world-class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ICT Risk and Security Specialist
Main Purpose of Job
- Design and monitor ICT security systems inorder to protect LBS’ networks from cyber-attacks by securing both online and on-premise infrastructures, weeding through metrics and data to filter out irregular or suspicious activity, and finding and mitigating risks before breaches occurs.
- Monitor computer systems and networks for security issues, install security software and document all security issues or breaches.
- Assist in keeping LBS’ security systems up to date and creating documentation and planning for all security-related information, including incident response and disaster recovery plans.
- Assist in training and creating training programs and modules to educate LBS staff and students on security flaws, trends and proper security protocols.
- Ensure ICT risk management activities are compliant with internal and external compliance regulations and frameworks.
Key Job Roles And Responsibilities
- Conduct security assessments through penetration testing, vulnerability testing and risk analysis
- Analyze ICT requirements and provide objective advice on the use of ICT security requirements
- Continuously updating the School’s incident response and disaster recovery plans.
- Verifying the security of third-party vendors or Vendor applications by collaborating with them to meet security requirements
- Aid the actualization of initiatives that will guaranty the security of the School’s ICT networks, systems, software and data.
- Advice and monitor the deployment of security measures and regular patches to fix new vulnerabilities
- Analyzing security breaches to identify the root cause.
- Propose possible solutions/programs/protocols for minimizing ICT risk and liability.
- Prepare risk assessment reports and monitor ICT security dashboard.
- Act as a major monitoring and evaluation agent of the ICT operational level agreement with internal customers.
- Ensures the prompt escalation of issues to ICT management and follow-through on the implementation of decisions taken.
- Act as interface for ICT internal and external compliance and regulatory requests.
- Evaluate staff risk awareness and train them when necessary
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related Technology/ Science disciplines.
- Operations [ITIL, Microsoft Office suite, etc.]
- Project Management [PMP, PRINCE2, MS Project, etc.]
- Security (CEH, LPT, CISM)
- ICT Risk: COBIT, CRISC, CISM, CISA
- Cloud [AWS Certifications, Microsoft Azure, etc.]
- Platforms (HP, Dell, Cisco]
- Minimum of 5 years post-degree work experience in an enterprise risk function or technology consulting company, with at least 4 years of experience in information security and risk.
- Experienced in the ICT risk assessment and migration controls
- Experienced with penetration testing and techniques
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and monitor patch management
- Knowledge of firewalls, antivirus and IDPS concepts
- Experienced in installing security software and documenting security issues
- Performed ICT support role in an enterprise infrastructure environment with above 100 users
- Security skills – Analyzing Security System Logs, Security Tools, and Data. Administering Information Security Software and Controls. Creating, Modifying, and Updating Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS). Experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems and Tools.
- Familiarity with ICT Risk and Security regulations, methodology and framework.
- Problem-solving skills – Able to devise technical and creative solutions to user issues
- Communication skills – Telephone etiquettes; Able to gather data about problems, prepare detailed notes and reports, and walk users through the steps they can take to resolve security related issues
- Time management – Having excellent time management skills and should be able to set priorities when handling multiple cases; Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Team collaboration – Able to work with other ICT personnel, Vendors, Contractors and co-works to resolve user issues; Good and flexible communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage Users in an enterprise infrastructure environment.
- A continuous approach to the upgrading of ICT skills
Deadline: 14th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using “ICT20” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity