Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Integrated Primary Health Care Advisor
Location: Bauchi, Kebbi or Sokoto
- The IHP Integrated Primary Health Care Advisors provide technical guidance on and oversight of integrated primary health service activities, including capacity building at state, local government health authority (LGHA), facility, and community levels; providing expert technical assistance in integrated service delivery in the areas of reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health plus nutrition and malaria (RMNCH + N and malaria), with a focus on enhancing service delivery within a stronger, more sustainable health system.
- There are multiple Integrated Primary Health Care Advisor positions available, to be posted in Bauchi, Kebbi or Sokoto.
- MBBS / MD or Nursing or Midwifery degree plus a Master’s degree in Public Health, Nursing or a related field or an advanced post graduate degree in a related field is essential;
- Familiarity with Nigerian public and private sector health systems at the state, LGHA and community levels is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of local culture and a deep understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding the delivery of RMNCH +NM services;
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication. Ability to speak Hausa;
- Demonstrated experience managing stakeholders and building capacity at sub-national levels;
- Experience in integrated PHC service delivery at health facilities and community;
- At least eight (8) years relevant experience in one or more of technical areas: Family planning, maternal health, newborn health, child health, nutrition and malaria;
- Experience implementing programmes at the primary health care level is an advantage;
- Familiarity with performance indicators in at least 2 technical areas
- Familiarity with applying quality improvement methodologies to improve quality of primary services, including identifying and overcoming critical gaps and monitoring performance indicators to guide continuous improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency delivering relevant IRMNCH +NM training packages and supporting retention of health worker competencies (e.g. through mentoring, supervision)
- Ability to function / work independently as well as part of a team;
Deadline: 16th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job title e.g. “Integrated Primary Healthcare Advisor – Bauchi”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer