Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners – Our client, one of the largest Financial institutions with the aspiration to be number one in the industry, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: .Net Developer
Job Type: Full Time
- The application developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the institution.
- The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (Oracle experience is highly desirable).
- The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career. He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- Must also recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
Experience and Qualifications
Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S / B.A) in Computer Science or similar.
- 4-6 years delivery experience with Java, ASP.NET and/or PHP.
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET.
- 2-4 years delivery experience with Java.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Extensive experience in the use of Oracle Database.
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models.
- Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite).
The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
- People Management and Development
- The post holder will need to show evidence of the following
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics.
Job Title: Database Administration Lead
Job Type: Full Time
- To manage the client database to ensure optimal uptime and system integrity which delivers support to the business strategy of the Bank that is achieved through Information Technology.
- The Job Profile indicates that the job holder should be capable of collecting information and imparting it to others. The job occupant whilst being adaptable by nature will need to ensure strict conformity with rules, systems and protocol. The area of work is likely to have some administrative, specialist or technical aspects and the person fulfilling the role should have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion.
- The incumbent should be dependable, loyal, a good listener and enjoy working in a logical and systematic manner. Standard operating procedures are important aspects of this role and as such, it will require an individual who is organized, structured, self-controlled and capable of communicating facts within the required area of knowledge and expertise.
- The person fulfilling this role should be consistent in approach, analytical, sensitive, precise and compliant. The environment wherever possible should be free of confrontation and the person occupying the role should be non-aggressive by nature.
- Ensure 100% availability and effective usability of the database by end users concurrently.
- Responsible for non-corruption, performance, integrity and the security of the database.
- Ensure strict compliance to Back-up and recovery procedure to ensure data is available at all times.
- Deliver adequate support to application development teams on server/storage requirements.
- Make recommendations and carry out necessary tests when there is need to commission/ install new applications as well as customizing/tuning existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Database Administratio
Deadline: 19th October, 2020.