FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant, Special Project
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Reports to: Senior Program Officer, Special Projects
- Supports Program Management in the Country Office with administrative, clerical, logistical and programmatic assistance, including direct support to the Special Projects.
- Assist Program Management staff with responding to administrative and programmatic requests from HQ, donors, country / zonal offices and other FHI team members; Assist with planning technical assistance visits, workshops, and meetings.
- Coordinate on arrangements for travel undertaken by team members, consultants or colleagues from FHI HQ; Assist with developing of FCO requests and other routine programmatic activities; Assist with information research and data assembly for presentations or reports made by team members.
- Provide support with documentation, record keeping and filing for the Department Perform other related duties for program management as may be assigned by the Director or Associate Directors.
- Coordinate scopes of work for technical assistance visits, process travel authorization expense reports and consultancy agreements, and follow up with consultants on related travel and administrative needs.
- Research and prepare briefing materials as necessary for team members. Assist with preparing and compiling reports on a variety of technical and non-technical topics.
- Assist with coordinating assembly, review and approval of subproject documents; Assist program staff in tracking the status of country program implementation.
- Assist with preparing, compiling and record-keeping of program documents, budgets and reports. Ensure that travel arrangements are carried out in a timely manner and conform to the overall policy and regulations of FHI.
Expertise and Complexity:
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis. Use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Be accurate, complete and meticulous in record-keeping and documentation English written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Relevant computer software skills including Microsoft office products. Familiarity with public health, international development, and / or social science research.
Type and Nature of Contacts:
- Interact with colleagues both in the Country and state offices, Communicate with GoN and other public officials clearly and politely. Communicate and provide information to consultants, FHI Headquarters and occasional external contacts with tact and accuracy.
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility:
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Usual office working conditions
- BS / BA preferably in Public Health or other related fields.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience in programs administration
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer (Special Projects)
Requisition – 2020201994
Reports To: Associate Director, Special Projects
Job Type: Full time
- To provide technical support to implement high quality COVID-19 case management, intensive care and ventilator support activities as well as other clinical and public health services in assigned projects.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- With the Associate Director Special Projects, the STO provides technical leadership and support related to strategies and approaches for providing COVID-19 case management at all levels of care with a focus on intensive care and ventilator support.
- Work with other staff members of the Special Projects team to coordinate the design and implementation of components related to clinical and public health management of COVID-19 with an emphasis on intensive care and ventilator support.
- Develop learning programs (virtual and on-site) to build the capacity of service providers on COVID-19 case management and ventilator support.
- With Associate Director Special Project, develops guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinical care and public health interventions in assigned projects.
- Contributes to development of lessons learned from assigned programs and projects and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Represents FHI 360/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of clinical care and public health management of COVID-19 as well as other disease areas.
- Remains informed on current programs and best practices in the field of case management of COVID-19 and other related development fields by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Performs other strategic communication, private sector engagement and strategy development duties as assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- A Bachelors degree relevant to public health, social science, biostatistics, medicine with 7 years of progressive professional experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria is required.
- Experience in project development, proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training, and excellent communication skills required.
- A post-graduate degree in a related field is essential.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- A multi-skilled person able to perform duties across different technical areas such as health program design, health program evaluation and strategic communication etc Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical care and public health management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical care and prevention of COVID-19 as well as other diseases
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding COVID-19
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Job Title: Senior Program Officer – Special Projects
Job Type: Full time
Report to: Associate Director, Special Projects
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Special Projects, the SPO provides program management support and coordination in planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of assigned project activities.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the AD Special Projects to provide support to and coordinate assigned FHI Nigeria project activities in accordance with the respective donor guidelines and regulations.
- Assist in strengthening systems of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks for each assigned projects.
- Ensure all implementing agencies reports are submitted within required standards and timelines.
- Assist the AD Special Projects in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Supervise the work of the Program Officers and IAs in implementing, tracking and following up on work plans, budgets and deliverables for each assigned project.
- Assist the AD Special Projects in the provision of programmatic assistance to local FHI partners in programming disease intervention activities.
- Work with the AD Special projects to oversee technical capacity building activities at the national, state and local government levels and for local implementing agencies and other partners.
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the public health in which FHI operates.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the AD Special projects, Director PM and the Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Public Health or the Behavioural Sciences with 3-5 years experience (BSc 5-7 years), and a minimum of 5 years in public health, and experience working with NGOs and CBOs required.
- Candidates with experience working on international donor-funded projects will have an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of health systems strengthening programming, and of project monitoring a must.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A multi-skilled person able to perform duties across different technical areas (multitasking) Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries.
- Capacity to work as a team member of a diverse and multi-skilled international team across different locations in Nigeria.
- Ability to organize own work effectively and supervise the work of subordinate staff and IAs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both internally with FHI colleagues and externally with development partners, IAs, stakeholders and other FHI partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High-level narrative reporting and budgetary development and tracking skills.
- Capacity to travel in Nigeria for at least 25% of the time.
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Full time
Supervisor: Director, Finance & Operations
- Under the direction of the D,F&O, the FAO shall assume responsibility for accounting in the Country Office and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Monitoring subproject budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Work with the D,F&O to provide support with the accounting workflow in the review and audit of Country Office and sub recipient reports for reimbursement of expenditures.
- Function as support for processing cash advances, retirements, petty cash management and refunds made in favor of FHI.
- Prepare fiscal year budgets and enter them into FHI’s accounting software program.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in preparing reports for submission to donors.
- Review work of state finance staff for accuracy and proper report content.
- Support in proposal development in collaboration with proposal team.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with team leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 3 – 5 years relevant experience.
- Or MS/MA degree in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years relevant experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in accounting relating to international development programs.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria is an advantage.
- CPA, ACA, or recognized equivalent is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures or the ability to comprehend them.
- Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Follow-up on requests in an efficient manner.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
- Ability to travel in Nigeria for minimum of 25%
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.