HR Leverage Africa – Our client, a prestigious real estate and housing development company is currently in need of:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Lagos (Island)
- We need of a Quantity Surveyor who will manage all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Engineering, Management, or similar.
- At least 5years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field
- Computer skills and knowledge of main professional software
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, plan, and strategize.
- Great networking abilities.
- Able to analyze financial records and apply data to improved results
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies to ensure their proposals will work
- Forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Liaise with site managers, clients, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Prepare contracts and documents
- Oversee subcontractors and stages of construction
- Advice on contractual matters related to financial issues.
- Prepare reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents.
- Advise managers and clients on improvements and new strategies.
- Keep track of materials and ordering more when required.
- Document any changes in design and updating budgets.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Travel from the office to various sites as required.
Job Title: Architect
Location: Lagos (Island)
- We need an Architect who will create designs that are functional, safe, sustainable, aesthetically pleasing and within budgetary restraints for new construction projects, alterations and redevelopments. Our head office in Lagos island, Nigeria.
- Create building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications.
- Present Design proposal design to clients and Consult with them to determine their requirements
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Conduct research and compile reports on feasibility and environmental impact.
- Review local rules and regulations to ensure the construction project falls within all constraints
- Give preliminary estimates on cost and construction time
- Adapt plans according to circumstances and resolve any problems that may arise during construction
- Negotiate with contractors and other professionals
- Make on site visits to check on project status and report on project
- Work with teams across business lines, in remote locations, and coordinate with subcontractors
- BS degree in Architecture
- Proven working experience as an Architect (5years)
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design software (Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ or similar)
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Visual awareness and an eye for detail
- Communication and project management skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the application.
Note: Only qualified candidates should apply.