Umba combines advanced tools and techniques to optimize risk exposures in emerging markets that are currently underserved by traditional banking services. The Umba platform allows users to apply, receive and repay microloans through their mobile phone while using machine learning to underwrite using a risk score that is highly accurate and improves over time.
umba has just rolled out a new online POS solution and is teaming up with some of the biggest e-commerce merchants to increase customers access to online goods and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager – Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Our mission at Umba is to use machine learning to allow us to create intelligent, affordable financial
- products for emerging markets. Umba launched into the Kenyan market in November 2018 and offers a number of digital banking products to its users through an Android App, supporting over 320,000+ customers.
- In line with Umba’s country expansion efforts, Umba will shortly launch in Nigeria, we are seeking a growth-focused marketing manager to help us build up customers and a profile in this new market.
- You will develop and lead Umba’s marketing growth strategy with a focus on execution and user acquisition
- You will plan, design and lead campaigns across our digital marketing channels, such as email, SMS and social media
- You will own our social media accounts for Umba in Nigeria
- You will incorporate guerilla marketing campaigns into Umba’s launch strategy
- You will design and develop user activation and engagement campaigns
- You will be meticulous with your marketing budget to spend and provide regular CAC reports
- You will closely monitor, track and report analytics to ensure they align with our growth KPIs and growth strategies
- Work directly with product and growth teams to translate engineering feature releases into external facing content
- You will identify and develop strategic partnerships with merchants and influencers
Skills and Qualifications
- You are passionate about marketing
- You’re a team player, proactive and know how to contribute and make an impact
- You’re ambitious and want to grow your career and marketing knowledge
- You’re results-driven and understand the importance of reporting on performance and using data to inform decisions
- You have experience growing a start-up’s online marketing presence and smashing KPI’s
- You’re a storyteller with exceptional writing ability and experience blogging
- An eye for design (ie: you use Canva for almost all your instagram stories and aesthetic feeds spark joy for you)
- Must live and be able to legally work in Nigeria
- This is a full time salaried, any applicant must be willing and able to work 40+ hours week
Nice To Have:
- Previous marketing experience with a Nigerian fintech
- Willingness to travel to our office in Lagos, when it is safe to do so
Market pay rate and will be negotiated in the interview process
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To apply, please submit your CV and a writing sample (1 page or less). Ideally, this writing sample is a blog post you’ve written in the past. We’re looking for clarity, structure, and personable tone – show off your best work!
- Umba is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled