PalmPay is an Africa-focused fintech firm, launched in 2019, PalmPay is a mobile payments platform that offers a number of financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Project Manager
About The Job
- PalmPay is fully licensed by the CBN as a Mobile Money Operator and has raised over $40m USD from prestigious investors including TECNO Mobile. Thanks to this strategic partnership, the app is coming pre-installed on all new TECNO smartphones in Nigeria. But we’re just getting started. As we work to scale to become Africa’s #1 payments brand, we are looking for an experienced Marketing Project Manager who can help us launch our next generation of payments products through creative and impeccably executed campaigns.
- You’ll take the lead in building and supervising internal processes that align our marketing operations with business needs and the product release cycle. Together with colleagues, you’ll conceptualise and execute marketing strategies to generate awareness, engagement and conversion. An experienced professional, you’ll help coach and coordinate the marketing team to deliver tasks and projects on time and to a high standard of quality.
- The ideal candidate needs to be highly analytical, organised, diligent, proactive and collaborative. This role reports into the Global Head of Commercial and Marketing and is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Degree from a top university, additional marketing and/or project management qualifications a plus
- 3+ years of experience of working in a dynamic startup or agency – comfortable working as part of an international, cross-cultural team and matrix organisation
- Proven background of executing successful multi-channel campaigns in the Nigerian market
- Proactive communicator, effective relationship builder and collaborative problem-solver.
- Ability to work across organisational lines, and influence without authority
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to quality
- Highly entrepreneurial. You have a proven ability to teach yourself new skills and are hands-on. You naturally take ownership and just get things done.
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, Google Slides and project management tools such as Slack, Asana and Gantt charts
- Applications from women are highly encouraged!
- Creativity and storytelling: You will be conceptualising how to turn product features into marketing campaigns
- Copywriting and presentation skills: Your work will involve creating Powerpoints and project plans, writing and reviewing copy for the website, press releases, emails, push/sms, social media and advertising
- Project and people management: You’ll be working on multiple concurrent projects in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with a lean, collaborative team
- Analytical: You use research and data to answer questions, track results and inform improvement ideas
Marketing Campaign Planning And Execution:
- Work with stakeholders to design, plan, organise, prioritise, execute and measure performance of simultaneous, multi-channel marketing activities.
- Propose detailed marketing campaign plans, messaging strategies, competitive positioning and go-to-market approaches that appeal to potential and existing customers
- Establish a campaign planning protocol involving all relevant stakeholders, ranging from brainstorming meetings to conceptualise campaigns, to collaborating on clear execution briefs and proposals, assigning and following up on deliverables and reporting on progress and performance.
- Establish and implement frameworks, timelines, priorities and tasks to ensure team goals are met and use appropriate tools to transparently track and follow up on progress, ensuring 100% adoption across team members of agreed upon processes
- Work with channel owners to continuously test and scale new approaches focused on driving customer acquisition and engagement, brand awareness and advocacy
- Create and present performance reports on local marketing activities and KPIs to management
- Track marketing team expenses and prepare and maintain channel pricing research and campaign budgets in collaboration with team and management
Project And People Management:
- Constantly document, design and improve operational processes to enhance channel and campaign performance, drive team efficiency and alignment and increase individual productivity
- Lead and facilitate communication between internal and external stakeholders involved in projects you drive, carrying all relevant team members along and ensuring alignment
- Collect weekly tasks lists and performance reports from marketing team members, coordinating team to ensure that these are submitted on time
- First-pass review of proposals, calendars and plans by marketing team members, assisting with idea development, document structure and copywriting
- Coordinate the day to day execution of tasks carried out by the marketing team, follow up on deliverables, monitor and guide project details and help, pivot and escalate as needed
- Project manage events executed by the marketing department on the ground, such as press conferences, raffles, product launches, roadshows, video production etc.
- Support colleagues with the development and tracking of KPIs and OKRs for the department
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online