Emergency Response Africa (ERA) is a health tech start up on a mission to provide medical care to emergency victims in Africa. Many African countries do not have access to an emergency system like 9-1-1, resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths annually. We are determined to change that. ERA trains first responders and equip them with intelligent dispatch and communications technology and low-cost medical transportation to create a sustainable and scalable emergency medical system in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mobile Application Developer
- We are looking for developers to join our team to develop the central dispatch web system and the supporting mobile application. As a mobile developer, you are responsible for developing, unit testing and documenting the mobile application.
- To excel in this role, you should be a highly creative person with a keen eye for detail and the ability to work both individually and as part of a team. Candidates will be asked to share a sample of previous work, if available.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline
- Understanding of REST APIs, location finding, the document request model, and offline storage
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Recent experience with developing and deploying solutions in a cloud computing environment such as AWS
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React Native applications.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- English Skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English).
- You’re passionate about software development…it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy remotely.
- Ability to consistently work 40 hours per week.
- Design, develop, test, maintain and improve the web application based on documented requirements.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Contribute to all the phases of the development process.
- Collaborate and solve problems with the development team.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online