Avenir Health,formerly Futures Institute, was founded in 2006 as a global health organization that works to enhance social and economic development by providing tools and technical assistance in policy, planning, resource allocation and evaluation. In particular, we focus on developing and implementing demographic, epidemiological and costing models for long-range planning to assist with setting goals, strategies, and objectives. We assist in both developing and implementing programs in HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, maternal health and other programming areas. We work with government agencies, foundations, corporations, and nongovernmental organizations around the world.
Areas of program concentration include family planning and reproductive health, maternal and child health, the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS, and infectious diseases. With staff based in the United States and Africa, we work collaboratively with our in-country counterparts to improve policies and programs that address population issues, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, infectious diseases, and maternal and child health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OneHealth Tool Data Collector
Locations: Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto
Employment Type: Contract
Project Overview and Role
- Avenir Health’s contract under the USAID Integrated Health Program (IHP) Task Order Contract (TO 03, 04, 05) is to support IHP’s work to sustainably support quality primary health care (PHC) services in Bauchi, Kebbi and Sokoto States.
- As part of this work, Avenir Health is building capacity in each state to support strategic health planning and costing using the OneHealth Tool (OHT).
- This includes training a cadre of IHP project and government staff in each state to use the OHT, and supporting implementation of the OHT in each state, including supervision of OHT data collectors in each state and the overall data collection process.
- The OHT Data Collector in Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States will work under the supervision of a national OHT Expert and work in coordination with the OHT focal team in Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States, to gather the necessary data needed for the OHT application in Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States. This includes proper documentation of data sources, assumptions, and missing data.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in Nigeria with costing and budgeting in two or more technical areas of reproductive health/family planning, maternal and newborn health, child health, nutrition and malaria programs, and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, project beneficiaries and project staff
- Familiarity with the data requirements of the OneHealth Tool (OHT)
- Experience with costing, budgeting and related topics and data sources in Nigeria
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English
Final OHT data collected for Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States:
- Health Services module
- Human Resources module
- Infrastructure module
- Logistics module
Summary of OHT data collection (sources, interviews conducted, missing data, assumptions, etc.).
- Participate in training of IHP OHT focal points in Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States on the application of the OHT
- Review data collection methodology and template for Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States
- Use OHT template to gather data in Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States for OHT modules: health services, health systems (human resources, logistics, infrastructure)
- Coordinate with Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States OHT focal teams to review state data collected for baseline OHT projection. As necessary, participate (virtually or in-person) in state data review and validation meetings
- Participate (virtually or in-person) in state OHT results dissemination meetings
- Participate at in-person OHT training in Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States (timeframe: October/November 2020)
- OHT data collection in Kebbi, Bauchi and Sokoto States
Deadline: 12th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter stating experience and qualifications, as well as cost proposal for each deliverable, to: email@example.com using the “Job Title and Location” as the subject of the email.
Note: Cost proposals should include all costs associated with completing the deliverable (e.g., travel expenses, etc.).