FlexFilms is the global film manufacturing arm of India’s largest multinational flexible packaging solutions company, Uflex Limited. With State-of-the-Art film manufacturing facilities in all the 4 major continents Asia, Europe, North America and Africa our cumulative production capacity stands in excess of 337,000 MT Per Annum.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operator, Primary and Secondary Slitter
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- The position is responsible for the preparation and processing of material in and out of the Slitting Operation,
- Input data into the shop floor pc, check and validate labels are correct from computer on to the corresponding coils. He will be tasked to efficiently operate the slitting machine with minimum downtime, minimum rejection, and maximum production with defect-free quality, and to keep the machine area clean at all times.
- Operates machine to slit continuous lengths of material, such as cardboard, felt, metallic foil, paper, plastic, rubberized sheeting, or textile fabrics, into strips of specified width: Spaces rotary blades on machine shaft, according to the width specified for strips, and turns setscrew to secure blades in position, using allen wrench.
- Starts machine and observes flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding.
- Moves levers to stop, start, and regulate speed of machine and to align material with rotary blades.
- Mounts roll or bolt of material on machine supports and threads material over tension bar, between feed rollers, and under rotary blades.
- Laps ends of slit material around takeup tubes
- Disengages winding shaft and removes narrow rolls of material.
- Stacks material on shelves according to width of material.
- When slitting aluminium foil into widths, is designated Aluminum-Foil-Spooling-Machine Operator.
- When slitting embroidered cloth into strips for use as decorative trimming, is designated Straight Cutter, Machine.
- May be designated according to material or product cut as Binding Cutter; Cuff Slitter; Electric-Tape Slitter; Facing Slitter; Paper Slitter; Tape Cutter.
- Minimum of HND
- 4 – 7 years experience.
Deadline: 31st October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: Oladipo.email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.