Malteser International has been working in Nigeria since 2017. In Northeast Nigeria and more specifically in Borno State, MI is currently active in the WASH sector for improving the lives of both the IDP population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. They include NFI distribution, solarization of boreholes, rehabilitation of hand pumps, construction of latrines and hygiene promotion. Malteser International thereby applies a participatory, gender sensitive and inclusive approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Officer (m / f / d)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- In support of our work in Maiduguri, Nigeria, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Protection Officer (m/f/d) – National position.
- The Protection Officer is responsible for coordinating and supporting all gender-based violence case management related activities of the Malteser Program in Borno state, Nigeria. Within the responsibilities, the Protection Officer will need to ensure compliance with Malteser International’s and donor administrative, financial, safety and security and logistic procedures in the daily work.
- Ensure that gender-based violence survivors and those at risk are identified and receive individual support by standard tools and procedures and adhere to by members while complying with the rules and regulations of Malteser International and donors
- Contribute to regular internal and donor reporting
- Report to the supervisor all difficulties and relevant information as well as all relevant issues concerning safety, security and success of the program in a timely manner.
- Contribute to Malteser International program design with regards to protection and gender-based violence activities
- To manage, provide training and technical support and build the capacity of the full case management team
- Ensure continuous and effective liaison/coordination with target communities (IDP and Host) as well as local and government authorities and other stakeholders on case management and offer referrals of cases where necessary
- Coordinate well on a daily base with administration (Logistics and Finance) and other program staff
- Contribute to mainstreaming of protection in all areas of Malteser International’s work
- Manage Malteser International’s gender-based violence Case Management activities interfacing with other program team members
- Document all gender-based violence cases and other related activities well and establish a good filing system
- Be an active role model towards population, by adhering to a healthy personal behavior and life style
- Maintain a non-judgmental and supportive attitude towards colleagues and beneficiaries regardless of their background, political affiliation or religion.
- Take responsibility in representing Malteser International towards the local population, authorities and other (I)NGOs
- Adhere and respect Malteser International guidelines and codes.
- University Degree relevant to the position such as Social Work, Social Sciences, Law, or Psychology
- Formal qualification in the field of MHPSS would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in guiding and building the capacity of teams
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English language proficiency and other languages skills – especially Hausa language (written and spoken).
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing projects with a focus on protection, gender-based violence, and/or MHPSS with a reputable NGO
- Starting date: As soon as possbile
- Duty Station: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Kindly note that this a national position
- We offer a challenging position with many opportunities in a highly motivated team environment.
- Duration of contract: 12 months
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Kindly submit your Application (CV, Letter of motivation, copies of Diplomas and three professional references)
Application Deadline 9th October, 2020.