Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruiter (Consultancy)
Ref No: Req10001
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Project Overview and Role
- The LAFIYA programme is a 7-year FCDO Funded programme from February 2020 to February 2027. The programme is being implemented by Palladium and its Consortium Partners – Society for Family Health, Options Consultancy Services Ltd, CHECOD, PharmAccess, Solina and Chatham House. Lafiya will be delivered at federal level, as well as with a focus on targeted states (Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano and Yobe) with activities tailored for each specific state instead of a “one size fits all” approach. The objective of the programme is to improve health outcomes for the poorest and most vulnerable in Nigeria through i) encouraging Government of Nigeria to increase resources invested in health; ii) improving effectiveness and efficiency of public and private basic health for services and iii) reducing total fertility rate in Nigeria.
- The Recruiter is an operational manager level role that will take the lead on all aspects of human resources management on the project. The Recruiter will under the guidance of the Human Resources & Safeguarding Manager (HRSM) coordinate recruitments of staff and consultants on LAFIYA programme. Hiring actions will entail administering the full recruitment cycle in line with programme policies and guidelines and client expectations. The Recruiter will undertake all hiring activities, from advertising open roles to interviewing candidates, collating due diligence documentation and closing hires.
- The Recruiter will perform administrative tasks related to all aspects of maintaining personnel and consultant files and records on the LAFIYA programme. He/she will perform any other duties that may be assigned by the HRSM.
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management or any of the relevant field
- Proven experience within a HRM setting for a reputable organisation.
- Good understanding of the full recruitment process. Experience managing a busy team within an intercultural setting.
- Contract management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Nigerian employment and all such related regulations.
- Knowledge of Nigerian immigration laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience within an international development project (particularly FCDO projects) would be advantageous.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiling future hiring needs and supporting recruiting managers in drafting suitable TORs, job descriptions and person specifications for identified roles.
- Collaborating with the Lafiya Project Manager and Recruiting Managers to compile a consistent and regularly updated list of Wider Team LOE requirements.
- Coordinating staff recruitment by scheduling interviews and sending out invitations to candidates.
- Coordinating the collation of required due diligence documentation for successful candidates and conducting background checks required including terror screening checks.
- Undertaking initial longlisting of applicants and assessing applicants’ knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions.
- Following up with selected candidates for all documents to be received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment.
- Drafting of offer letters and contracts for new employees and consultants and sharing with the HRSM for review and further action.
- Working with the HRSM to notify team members of joining dates of new hires and coordinating with other departments for necessary onboarding processes and arrangements.
- Ensuring all consultant and employee records are backed up on SharePoint as they are received and filed off.
- Reviewing Consultancy TORs for compliance with Palladium and FCDO requirements
- Supporting the HRSM and teams to plan, coordinate and conduct induction trainings for new hires.
- Providing recruitment reports to team managers. Keeping up-to-date on current employment legislation and regulations and ensuring compliance within the company. And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online