Vagan Oil and Gas Limited is a Nigerian Private Limited liability Company registered under the Companies Acts of 1990, In line with the policies of the Nigerian service provision. The company core area of operation is to provide a broad spectrum of services ranging from Engineering, Pipeline & Flowline Construction / Repairs, Facility piping and maintenance, Wellhead & Christmas tree maintenance and servicing, Composite wrap technology, Equipment & Offshore/Marine Supplies etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Rigger (Oil and Gas / Energy)
Location: Port-Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
- Align, level and anchor machinery
- Attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoist and pulling gear to move or support materials such as heavy equipment, ship or theatrical sets
- Select gear such as cables, pulleys, and winches, according to loads weights and sizes, facilities, and work schedules
- Signal or verbally direct workers in hoisting and moving loads, in order to ensure the safety of workers and materials
- Test rigging to ensure safety and reliability
- Attach pulleys and block to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chain falls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment
- Dismantle and store rigging equipment for use
- Fabricate, set up, and repair rigging, supporting structures, hoist and pulling gear, using hand and power tools
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver, under and /or around obstacles using multi-point suspension techniques.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree with 3 – 8 years work experience.
- Minimum of 3 -8 experience in the oil and gas industry
- SAS & HUET/BOSIET
- Rigging and Lifting Operator Certificate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Quality control analysis
- Equipment Maintenance
- Forklift experience
- Piping experience
- Welding Experience
- Hoisting experience
- Operation monitoring
Deadline: 21st October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.