FOAK Business Solutions Limited is an organization providing start-to-finish HR consulting firm that provides and enhances the current manpower resources within the organization to align with your Company’s goals and vision.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Steel Pan Band Instructor
Location: Ojodu, Lagos State
Employment Type: Full-time
- Leads and trains the Chapel Youths on playing the steel pans by evaluating learners’ interest, attitudes, and temperament to determine suitable instrument for beginners.
- Conducts group rehearsals and instructs and coaches members in their individual parts, in fundamentals of musicianship and ensemble performance.
- Critiques performance to identify errors and reinforce correct techniques.
- Leads musical groups in regular and special performances for community activities such as schools, concerts, and festivals.
- Plans work based on teaching outline prepared to meet the requirements of the Chapel by arranging for practices and draws up convenient weekly timetables.
- Markets the service for outside engagements for the business.
- Instructs students in music theory, harmony, score and sight reading, composition, music appreciation and provides individual or group vocal and instrument lessons.
- Sings or plays instruments to demonstrate musical scales, tones, and rhythm.
- Accompanies students on field trips to musical performances.
- Orders, stores and interviews musical instruments musical instruments, music, and supplies.
- Experience in local manufacturing and tuning of the pan instruments to be played in correct scales.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of the learning processes of youth.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, parents, clients, and students.
- Two (2) years’ experience playing steel pan music and/or two (2) tuning steel pans
- Experience working with the youth
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of playing and instructing students in playing the steelpan.
Deadline: 20 October, 2020
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Job Title as the subject of the email.