Christian Aid is an international development charity that insists the world can and must be swiftly changed to one where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty, and for this to happen unequal power relations need to be challenged and changed.
We work in partnership to eradicate extreme poverty; dismantle its root causes across the world, and enable the voice and agency of the poor and marginalised to be fully realised. We deliver humanitarian assistance, in the wake of disasters and conflict, development programmes and policy, advocacy and campaigns so that poor and marginalised children, women and men, of all faiths and none, can achieve equality, dignity and justice.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stories & Content Advisor
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contracted Hours: 35
Contracted hours: 2 Years
About the Role
- Christian Aid is looking for a Stories & Content Advisor to help gather and produce high-quality stories, content and multimedia materials that tell the story of the impact of Christian Aid’s work around the world.
- The post holder will maintain up-to-date information of Christian Aid’s programmes globally and will identify potential cases studies within our programmatic work from which to gather compelling stories to tell through our fundraising and supporter engagement communications.
- The post holder will manage content-gathering operations in a variety of locations, remotely or directly, to efficiently provide colleagues across the organisation with the stories and content that will facilitate them in achieving their own objectives in areas such as fundraising, media, campaigning and advocacy.
- This role involves a high-degree of planning, communicating and stakeholder management in order to maintain up-to-date knowledge of our programmatic actions and the content-gathering opportunities they offer while also maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of stakeholder’ content requirements.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that content gathered is well documented in terms of captions, contextual information and metadata, and that digital content, including photography and video, is correctly stored, tagged and shared across the organisation using the Digital Asset Management platform.
- This role will also involve managing and supporting content-gathering carried out by country staff, partners and local freelancers. This function includes ensuring those people comply with Christian Aid’s safeguarding and consent policies, and that content gathered is done in a safe, ethical and compliant manner and delivers high-quality content that answers the organisation’s needs.
- This role can be based in the Christian Aid offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Burundi, DR Congo, South Sudan, Sierra Leone or Nigeria
- You will be an experienced communications professional with a strong track record of managing content-gathering both directly and remotely within the context of international development programmes, especially in the countries where Christian Aid operates.
- You have proven experience in understanding what makes a good story and technical experience in creating a good story, and ideally have experience in gathering content in the field, including gathering well-documented photography and video content
- You are educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally with qualifications in communications, marketing, journalism or development (or equivalent experience obtained at a senior level).
- You have excellent organisational and influencing skills and experience of managing complex stakeholder relationships, including remotely and internationally, as well as managing content-gathering schedules and delivery.
- You have experience in directing and guiding others remotely to gather content according to an agreed brief.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Tell us of a time when you had to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with a wide range of contacts and networks:
- What was the context? Why did you need to establish the new relationships and why was your attitude to this important?
- What was your task? What outcomes were being sought?
- What actions did you take? How did you take them?
- What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful?
- Please tell us about a time when you have identified a better way of doing something having taken into account the implications of your proposal:
- What was the context? What was your ‘better way’?
- What was your task?
- What action(s) did you take? Why? How?
- What was the outcome? Was your proposal accepted? What was the impact?
- Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources:
- What was the context?
- What was expected of you?
- What action(s) did you take?
- What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based. Please ensure you address the competency requirements in your application. These can be found in the attached global competency model.
Salary & Currency
- N9,871,478 Yearly.
- The Salary and Currency for this role will be aligned to Band D-Mid of the Country Payscale where the role will be based and will be offered as appropriate based on the salary above.
Deadline: 30th October, 2020.
11th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.